Windows 7 not booting, instead going to device mapping table on starti

chamchow

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
My computer randomly decided to turn off and I figured it was updates, now when it restarts it goes to "device mapping table" I was running windows 7. Anyone know why it might do this and how to fix it?

chamchow

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
Unfortunately I don't have the same windows disk, so I just did a fresh install. However on start up the computer is still running the device mapping table. I just type exit and hit enter and it goes away, but I'd like to know what caused all of this in the first place so I can avoid it.

zdbc13

Distinguished
By "device mapping table" do you mean the BIOS screen? It's usually a text screen that says AMI or Phoenix with a list of the processor, memory, and devices below. When you say "type exit" do you mean you have to type that word or hit an F key like F2 or F3? If you are in BIOS you might have a dead CMOS battery, the little round one on your motherboard. It is 3 volt so you could remove it and test it with a multi-tester. If it's dead, replace it and re-set your BIOS configuration. If that's not the problem we need more information about the "device mapping table" screen you are describing. Thanks

chamchow

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011

I don't believe it's my bios screen, but see for yourself and correct me if I'm wrong. I have to type "exit" and hit enter.

http://www.cisco.com/image/gif/paws/111308/change-bios-41.gif

TRENDING THREADS