V710 on Alltel

I see that Alltel is now offering the V710.

I am wondering if they have crippled all the features like Verizon did?

Kirk
7 answers Last reply
More about v710 alltel

    I have the Alltel V710. What features were you looking to use.
    "Kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message
    >I see that Alltel is now offering the V710.
    >
    > I am wondering if they have crippled all the features like Verizon did?
    >
    > Kirk

    Scott,

    Verizon crippled a lot of the features that were built into the phone from
    Motorola. I was wondering if Alltel did also?

    Verizon has disabled all the file transfer features of the Bluetooth and
    only supports voice and DUN, not OBEX.

    Can you sync your address book using the Bluetooth?

    Can you transfer your photos using Bluetooth? If you can, then Alltel did
    not cripple the phone like Verizon.

    There has been a class action suit filed against Verizon regarding this
    phone. Wondered if Alltel is doing the same thing.
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6823933/

    Kirk

    "Scott T. Hulsmann" <hulsmsc@cox.net> wrote in message
    >I have the Alltel V710. What features were you looking to use.
    > "Kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message
    >>I see that Alltel is now offering the V710.
    >>
    >> I am wondering if they have crippled all the features like Verizon did?
    >>
    >> Kirk

    Here is an article about the features that Verizon crippled.

    http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/v710.html

    Kirk

    "Scott T. Hulsmann" <hulsmsc@cox.net> wrote in message
    >I have the Alltel V710. What features were you looking to use.
    > "Kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message
    >>I see that Alltel is now offering the V710.
    >>
    >> I am wondering if they have crippled all the features like Verizon did?
    >>
    >> Kirk

    I can sync my phonebook and I can also transfer pics via bluetooth, but I
    have to use motorola phone tools.
    > Scott,
    >
    > Verizon crippled a lot of the features that were built into the phone from
    > Motorola. I was wondering if Alltel did also?
    >
    > Verizon has disabled all the file transfer features of the Bluetooth and
    > only supports voice and DUN, not OBEX.
    >
    > Can you sync your address book using the Bluetooth?
    >
    > Can you transfer your photos using Bluetooth? If you can, then Alltel did
    > not cripple the phone like Verizon.
    >
    > There has been a class action suit filed against Verizon regarding this
    > phone. Wondered if Alltel is doing the same thing.
    > http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6823933/
    >
    > Kirk
    >
    > "Scott T. Hulsmann" <hulsmsc@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>I have the Alltel V710. What features were you looking to use.
    >> "Kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message
    >>>I see that Alltel is now offering the V710.
    >>>
    >>> I am wondering if they have crippled all the features like Verizon did?
    >>>
    >>> Kirk

    Can you sync your phonebook with bluetooth?

    Can you use the bluetooth to send a photo to your palm pilot?

    I don't know what the Motorola phone tools is, but is it a program that you
    load on your computer, phone, or both?

    Thanks,

    >I can sync my phonebook and I can also transfer pics via bluetooth, but I
    >have to use motorola phone tools.
    > "kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message

    From what I have read, you cannot send a photo to a palm pilot via
    bluetooth. Motorola phone tools is the software that motorola sells that
    allows you to sync your phonebook, calender, messages to your pc only. You
    can also transfer ringers, mp3 and photo to and from the phone with MPT.
    > Can you sync your phonebook with bluetooth?
    >
    > Can you use the bluetooth to send a photo to your palm pilot?
    >
    > I don't know what the Motorola phone tools is, but is it a program that
    > you load on your computer, phone, or both?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Kirk
    >

    > "Scott T. Hulsmann" <hulsmsc@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>I can sync my phonebook and I can also transfer pics via bluetooth, but I
    >>have to use motorola phone tools.
    >> "kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message

    I saw a post somewhere on usenet where someone with a bluetooth camera phone
    used bluetooth to transfer and print photos on one of those photo kiosk's
    like they have in Walmart or Kmart. That sounds like a very good and
    convenient use for bluetooth.

    How about offloading all the photos from the phone to my Palm, so I could
    take more? Sounds like reasonable things to do.

    I don't see the point in having bluetooth on a camera phone unless it is
    fully enabled.

    I refuse to spend the bucks on a phone that doesn't have fully enabled
    features.

    > From what I have read, you cannot send a photo to a palm pilot via
    > bluetooth. Motorola phone tools is the software that motorola sells that
    > allows you to sync your phonebook, calender, messages to your pc only. You
    > can also transfer ringers, mp3 and photo to and from the phone with MPT.
    > "Kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message

Motorola Verizon