V710 on Alltel

Last response: in Brands
January 17, 2005 8:51:36 AM

I see that Alltel is now offering the V710.

I am wondering if they have crippled all the features like Verizon did?

Kirk

More about : v710 alltel

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 6:55:51 PM

I have the Alltel V710. What features were you looking to use.
"Kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message
>I see that Alltel is now offering the V710.
>
> I am wondering if they have crippled all the features like Verizon did?
>
> Kirk

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 8:04:54 PM

Scott,

Verizon crippled a lot of the features that were built into the phone from
Motorola. I was wondering if Alltel did also?

Verizon has disabled all the file transfer features of the Bluetooth and
only supports voice and DUN, not OBEX.

Can you sync your address book using the Bluetooth?

Can you transfer your photos using Bluetooth? If you can, then Alltel did
not cripple the phone like Verizon.

There has been a class action suit filed against Verizon regarding this
phone. Wondered if Alltel is doing the same thing.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6823933/

Kirk

"Scott T. Hulsmann" <hulsmsc@cox.net> wrote in message
>I have the Alltel V710. What features were you looking to use.
> "Kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message
>>I see that Alltel is now offering the V710.
>>
>> I am wondering if they have crippled all the features like Verizon did?
>>
>> Kirk

January 17, 2005 8:09:18 PM

Here is an article about the features that Verizon crippled.

http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/v710.html

Kirk

"Scott T. Hulsmann" <hulsmsc@cox.net> wrote in message
>I have the Alltel V710. What features were you looking to use.
> "Kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message
>>I see that Alltel is now offering the V710.
>>
>> I am wondering if they have crippled all the features like Verizon did?
>>
>> Kirk

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 12:10:52 AM

I can sync my phonebook and I can also transfer pics via bluetooth, but I
have to use motorola phone tools.
> Scott,
>
> Verizon crippled a lot of the features that were built into the phone from
> Motorola. I was wondering if Alltel did also?
>
> Verizon has disabled all the file transfer features of the Bluetooth and
> only supports voice and DUN, not OBEX.
>
> Can you sync your address book using the Bluetooth?
>
> Can you transfer your photos using Bluetooth? If you can, then Alltel did
> not cripple the phone like Verizon.
>
> There has been a class action suit filed against Verizon regarding this
> phone. Wondered if Alltel is doing the same thing.
> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6823933/
>
> Kirk
>
> "Scott T. Hulsmann" <hulsmsc@cox.net> wrote in message
>>I have the Alltel V710. What features were you looking to use.
>> "Kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message
>>>I see that Alltel is now offering the V710.
>>>
>>> I am wondering if they have crippled all the features like Verizon did?
>>>
>>> Kirk

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 8:05:17 AM

Can you sync your phonebook with bluetooth?

Can you use the bluetooth to send a photo to your palm pilot?

I don't know what the Motorola phone tools is, but is it a program that you
load on your computer, phone, or both?

Thanks,

>I can sync my phonebook and I can also transfer pics via bluetooth, but I
>have to use motorola phone tools.
> "kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 9:52:38 PM

From what I have read, you cannot send a photo to a palm pilot via
bluetooth. Motorola phone tools is the software that motorola sells that
allows you to sync your phonebook, calender, messages to your pc only. You
can also transfer ringers, mp3 and photo to and from the phone with MPT.
> Can you sync your phonebook with bluetooth?
>
> Can you use the bluetooth to send a photo to your palm pilot?
>
> I don't know what the Motorola phone tools is, but is it a program that
> you load on your computer, phone, or both?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kirk
>

> "Scott T. Hulsmann" <hulsmsc@cox.net> wrote in message
>>I can sync my phonebook and I can also transfer pics via bluetooth, but I
>>have to use motorola phone tools.
>> "kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 8:33:27 AM

I saw a post somewhere on usenet where someone with a bluetooth camera phone
used bluetooth to transfer and print photos on one of those photo kiosk's
like they have in Walmart or Kmart. That sounds like a very good and
convenient use for bluetooth.

How about offloading all the photos from the phone to my Palm, so I could
take more? Sounds like reasonable things to do.

I don't see the point in having bluetooth on a camera phone unless it is
fully enabled.

I refuse to spend the bucks on a phone that doesn't have fully enabled
features.

!