esparks1972

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Hello,
I have a belkin wireless router. The power signal is blue so I know I have a connection. But my SSID is not available in the choices of connecting networks. I see "OWNER-PC-Network". I keep trying to add my network and it won't allow me. I did not have this problem until my daughter stayed the night and used her laptop. what can I do to get reconnected again?

kenbelkin

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012

hi esparks1972

1st thing you need to do is to connect your laptop directly at the back of the router to the LAN port using a ethernet cable. after that verify if you able to go online. If yes open up any internet browser (internet explorer, google chrome or firefox). And on the address bar (where you can see http:// or www.) empty the box and type in 192.168.2.1. MAKE SURE THAT IS A ADDRESS BAR NOT A SEARCH BOX. if you type it correctly you will able to access the BELKIN ROUTER SETUP UTILITY.

on the left panel of the BELKIN ROUTER SETUP UTILITY page click on channel and ssid. if it going to ask for a password just leave it blank hit submit. after that you will able to see wireless channel and ssid page. So on the page look for SSID box and verify the exact name there if its OWNER-PC-Network or BELKIN. you can change the network name (SSID) but make sure that there's no spaces,special characters or symbols on it.once your done just hit APPLY CHANGES. it will do a countdown so wait for it.once its done verify the light on the router if still blue.

on your laptop. i'am not sure if its windows 7,xp or vista or MAC.but if its windows computer. click on start then control panel.after that click on network and internet or network and sharing center.after that look on the left panel look for manage wireless network. all you need to do is to delete all the network name on the page by doing (right click on the name itself and click on remove network). once your done verify if you able to see your new network name. and that's it.

just reply if its still the same.