Sign in with
Your question

Dell latitude d810 wireless not having good range

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 19, 2012 11:07:59 PM

So Basically I have the dell d810 and the wireless on it is less than 20 ft and I cant figure out why.. My other dell laptop has perfect connection all the way down stairs and this d810 doesn't even get full connection from 10 feet away!!! I have tried to take out the wireless card and put it back in but that didn't work so I am just wandering if it is a driver issue or the wireless card is just screwed up.
a b F Wireless
October 19, 2012 11:15:07 PM

Recheck the antenna lead connections on the card. I'd wager that they aren't snapped on properly.
m
l
October 19, 2012 11:20:03 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
Recheck the antenna lead connections on the card. I'd wager that they aren't snapped on properly.

No they are.. they are on perfectly
m
l
Related resources
a b F Wireless
October 19, 2012 11:26:11 PM

Yolbsorry said:
No they are.. they are on perfectly

Verified how, exactly?
m
l
October 20, 2012 1:03:14 AM

ex_bubblehead said:
Verified how, exactly?

Because I put them on the way they came
m
l
a b F Wireless
October 20, 2012 2:16:19 AM

Yolbsorry said:
Because I put them on the way they came

I ask only because they are buggers to get back on correctly. They may look ok but be askew or not completely seated. The connectors should seat with a definite <snap> when properly positioned and pressed straight down. They should also stay in place when the wire is given a (very gentle) pull. You obviously have a signal problem and by your original post the only thing you did was remove the card, and I assume the antenna connections as well. Since that's the only thing you touched, that's where you have to look.
m
l
October 20, 2012 8:40:42 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
I ask only because they are buggers to get back on correctly. They may look ok but be askew or not completely seated. The connectors should seat with a definite <snap> when properly positioned and pressed straight down. They should also stay in place when the wire is given a (very gentle) pull. You obviously have a signal problem and by your original post the only thing you did was remove the card, and I assume the antenna connections as well. Since that's the only thing you touched, that's where you have to look.

Yeah when I put it back on they made a snapping noise.
m
l
!