v551 TETRIS

Is there a tetris game for the v551 phone out there??????
11 answers Last reply
More about v551 tetris

    > Is there a tetris game for the v551 phone out there??????

    Not quite tetris, but i`ve got a couple of freeware java games i`ve found
    on my travels available for download here:

    FTP to : phoenixbbs.ath.cx
    Login : hello
    Password : moto

    blocks.jar is kinda similar to columns, but link any 3 items horizontally
    or vertically to remove them - you`re up against a timer, so you can`t
    hang around.

    You might like dwindle.jar as well ;-)

    > www.smartftp.com has a dandy little program for accessing ftp files and
    > works nicely with this site.

    I did notice a couple of people still tried to use IE :-}

    They got to see bible bashing stuff (none of which I believe in)

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:27:28 -0000, Colin Wilson <void@btinternet.com>
    wrote:

    >> Is there a tetris game for the v551 phone out there??????
    >
    >Not quite tetris, but i`ve got a couple of freeware java games i`ve found
    >on my travels available for download here:
    >
    >FTP to : phoenixbbs.ath.cx
    >Login : hello
    >Password : moto
    >
    >blocks.jar is kinda similar to columns, but link any 3 items horizontally
    >or vertically to remove them - you`re up against a timer, so you can`t
    >hang around.
    >
    >You might like dwindle.jar as well ;-)

    I have tetris on the v551 although I don't recall where I got it. Can
    I upload the Jar to you? It's around 65k.

    > I have tetris on the v551 although I don't recall where I got it. Can
    > I upload the Jar to you? It's around 65k.

    Sure thing, drop it to me on an email per my sig if you would, and i`ll
    put it online with the rest - include the word "newsgroup" in the subject
    line though please, or it might get filtered out :-}

    > > I have tetris on the v551 although I don't recall where I got it. Can
    > > I upload the Jar to you? It's around 65k.
    > Sure thing, drop it to me on an email per my sig if you would, and i`ll
    > put it online with the rest - include the word "newsgroup" in the subject
    > line though please, or it might get filtered out :-}

    Plays great - level 10, score of 24055 on my first go

    Any challengers ?

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <iJWGd.61730$nP1.43235@twister.socal.rr.com> on Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:10:22
    GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote:

    >www.smartftp.com has a dandy little program for accessing ftp files ...

    My personal favorite is http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/
    Open source freeware. Highly recommended.

    dgk Wrote:

    > I have tetris on the v551 although I don't recall where I got it. Can
    > I upload the Jar to you? It's around 65k.

    finally to the point I'm going to try to get jars on my v551...
    ringtones/pictures all work well
    (havent worked with video much yet tho I had pc quicktime play a phone
    vid!)

    appreciate it if someone could send that my way -
    pm me if you will and I'll pass on my email, thanks :)

    thanks!

    --
    CKaz

    The easiest way to get .jars onto your phone is through Bluetooth. Much
    easier than through a cable. For details see my blog at
    http://brobin111@blogspot.com.

    From:CKaz
    CKaz.1nccnz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    > dgk Wrote:
    >>

    >> I have tetris on the v551 although I don't recall where I got it. Can
    >> I upload the Jar to you? It's around 65k.
    >

    > finally to the point I'm going to try to get jars on my v551...
    > ringtones/pictures all work well
    > (havent worked with video much yet tho I had pc quicktime play a phone
    > vid!)
    >
    > appreciate it if someone could send that my way -
    > pm me if you will and I'll pass on my email, thanks :)
    >
    > thanks!
    >

    > --
    > CKaz

    How about a good URL??

    "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > The easiest way to get .jars onto your phone is through Bluetooth. Much
    > easier than through a cable. For details see my blog at
    > http://brobin111@blogspot.com.
    >
    > From:CKaz
    > CKaz.1nccnz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net
    >
    >> dgk Wrote:
    >>>

    >>> I have tetris on the v551 although I don't recall where I got it. Can
    >>> I upload the Jar to you? It's around 65k.
    >>

    >> finally to the point I'm going to try to get jars on my v551...
    >> ringtones/pictures all work well
    >> (havent worked with video much yet tho I had pc quicktime play a phone
    >> vid!)
    >>
    >> appreciate it if someone could send that my way -
    >> pm me if you will and I'll pass on my email, thanks :)
    >>
    >> thanks!
    >>

    >> --
    >> CKaz
    >> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
    >> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t163538.html

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    How about just replace the @ with a dot (http://brobin111.blogspot.com/)

    "echo4lima" <echo4lima@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > How about a good URL??
    >

    > "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > > The easiest way to get .jars onto your phone is through Bluetooth. Much
    > > easier than through a cable. For details see my blog at
    > > http://brobin111@blogspot.com.
    > >
    > > From:CKaz
    > > CKaz.1nccnz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    > >> finally to the point I'm going to try to get jars on my v551...
    > >> ringtones/pictures all work well
    > >> (havent worked with video much yet tho I had pc quicktime play a phone
    > >> vid!)
    > >>
    > >> appreciate it if someone could send that my way -
    > >> pm me if you will and I'll pass on my email, thanks :)
    > >>
    > >> thanks!
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> CKaz

    > >> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
    > >> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t163538.html

  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Sorry, it's http://brobin111.blogspot.com

    From:echo4lima
    echo4lima@yahoo.ca

    > How about a good URL??
    >

    > "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >> The easiest way to get .jars onto your phone is through Bluetooth.
    >> Much easier than through a cable. For details see my blog at
    >> http://brobin111@blogspot.com.
    >>
    >> From:CKaz
    >> CKaz.1nccnz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    >>> finally to the point I'm going to try to get jars on my v551...
    >>> ringtones/pictures all work well
    >>> (havent worked with video much yet tho I had pc quicktime play a
    >>> phone vid!)
    >>>
    >>> appreciate it if someone could send that my way -
    >>> pm me if you will and I'll pass on my email, thanks :)
    >>>
    >>> thanks!
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> CKaz
    >>> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net