john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
You can with a site called fixedorbit.com figure out who the ISP are and what their peering relationships are. If the DNS entries are not bogus you guess the cites.

You ISP appears to be ATT and you are going to a french ISP called OVH. It does not appear ATT has a direct peering relationship with OVH. So it is using a italian company sparkle that owns sea-bone.net to connect. Now this may very well be different in different cities.

So it appear the connection from att to sparkle is ok. The problem is at the peer point between sparkle and OVH in the ashburn illinois. Sometime they have multiple peer points so you would have to get into their routers and do traceroutes. Many ISP have what are called lookingglass pages that let you have access to a limit set of their routers.

Now what you can do about it. Call OVH and tell them they have a problem with their peer point in ashburn il to sparkle. The result will be the level 1 guy will ask in french most likely if you have power cycled your router. If you could get to their infrastructure guys which is likely level 3 or higher they would understand this.

For end consumers you are at their mercy. The only reason I have ever gotten something like this fixed was we do a lot of business with some of the larger ISP and I have direct contacts that can help me find the right person. But these 2 I would not be able to do any more than you.

It does not hurt to attempt to send email to the ISP support box.

exoterra

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
So an update on the issue......

Thanks for the reply by the way, very insightful--networking is probably an area in which I have minimal tech expertise.

At any rate...

A friend of mine performed the same traceroute and ping.... and got the same results, yet he's not having a delay issue on the server that we're both using... in which I am having a delay issue.

So... now I don't even think the tracert is the problem, but... I have no clue what possibly could be....

My mind is beyond blown. If you're willing to read a bit, the whole issue is posted....

http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?p=1606802#post1606802