V400 or V551

Last response: in Brands
Share
January 18, 2005 12:13:31 PM

Are these two about the same as far as features? My wife and I have the
Nokia 3595's. We are with AT&T and are going to switch over to Cingular.
Cingular offers these two. The difference in price is 20.00 (V551 is
higher).

More about : v400 v551

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 12:17:24 AM

Greg wrote:
> Are these two about the same as far as features? My wife and I have the
> Nokia 3595's. We are with AT&T and are going to switch over to Cingular.
> Cingular offers these two. The difference in price is 20.00 (V551 is
> higher).

Definitely the v551.
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 4:30:54 AM

Greg wrote:
> Are these two about the same as far as features? My wife and I have the
> Nokia 3595's. We are with AT&T and are going to switch over to Cingular.
> Cingular offers these two. The difference in price is 20.00 (V551 is
> higher).

I would go with the V551. I have one and I like the Bluetooth feature. I
can connect to my PC and handsfree unit in the without the wires
January 19, 2005 3:17:00 PM

Let me add one more vote for V551. I think, this is the best performing
phone in Cingular lineup.

Imran
http://www.mobileisgood.com

"Bob Horvath" <usenet@horvath.com> wrote in message
> Greg wrote:
> > Are these two about the same as far as features? My wife and I have the
> > Nokia 3595's. We are with AT&T and are going to switch over to Cingular.
> > Cingular offers these two. The difference in price is 20.00 (V551 is
> > higher).
> >

> Definitely the v551.
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 6:33:13 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:13:31 -0600, "Greg" <hays@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Are these two about the same as far as features? My wife and I have the
>Nokia 3595's. We are with AT&T and are going to switch over to Cingular.
>Cingular offers these two. The difference in price is 20.00 (V551 is
>higher).

Amazing, I was just about to post the same question. At first it was
no contest but then I noticed something disturbing. The v551 is rated
at 2.5 hours talk time while the v400 is rated at 5.25 hours talk
time. That means if you use the v551 frequently you will be charging
all the time or you'll have to carry a spare battery around to use
while the second battery is charging.

What are the other differences between the v551 and the v400? It
appears to me that both are the same except for the difference in
battery life, bluetooth in the v551 vs USB cable in the v400, and the
10x larger phonebook capacity of the v400. Is there a difference in
voice quality? Strength of connection? Quality of the screen?

Thanks.

CD
January 20, 2005 6:33:14 PM

V551 has a does video and pictures, v400 has does picture only. I have
both phones, plus the v400 has hands free speaker which i like very much.

Both phones are good, guess you have to see which features you would use
most.
PS: V400 can be unlocked easily with a special unlocking clip, V551 are bit
harder to unlock. I saw a few websites that claim they can unlock the V551,
but have yet to try to unlock it.
Good luck,

!