    Try reinstalling the phone as new with the updated s/w.

    From:Sqwire
    sqwire@wi.rr.com

    > I have tried several times to use my Bluetooth adapter to connect
    > thru my Motorola V551 to the internet on my laptop. I had it going
    > for a while, then updated to current software and can't get it
    > working again. Cingular says they won't support Bluetooth even
    > though I bought the phone from them. Can anyone help?
    > gail

    Can you provide some additional details. For example, when you say "new
    software" are you talking about the Bluetooth adapter SW on the PC or are
    you talking about the Motorola Phone Tools software?

    Also, what OS are you using on your PC? If you are using Windows XP did you
    install SP2? If so that is probably at the heart of your problem. A little
    more information might help us to help you better.

    Cheers
    TC

    "Sqwire" <sqwire@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
    >I have tried several times to use my Bluetooth adapter to connect thru my
    >Motorola V551 to the internet on my laptop. I had it going for a while,
    >then updated to current software and can't get it working again. Cingular
    >says they won't support Bluetooth even though I bought the phone from them.
    >Can anyone help?
    > gail

    I am using the Bluetooth adapter SW and Cingular software for data connect.
    After installing it all several times, I did get a connect and was told to
    update the Cingular software, which is about 2 years old. after that it
    didn't work anymore. I uninstalled all again but still can't make it work.
    Yes I am using XP with SP2. I am not using tools software. thanks for
    responding
    gail

    "Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can you provide some additional details. For example, when you say "new
    > software" are you talking about the Bluetooth adapter SW on the PC or are
    > you talking about the Motorola Phone Tools software?
    >
    > Also, what OS are you using on your PC? If you are using Windows XP did
    > you install SP2? If so that is probably at the heart of your problem. A
    > little more information might help us to help you better.
    >
    > Cheers
    > TC
    >
    > "Sqwire" <sqwire@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>I have tried several times to use my Bluetooth adapter to connect thru my
    >>Motorola V551 to the internet on my laptop. I had it going for a while,
    >>then updated to current software and can't get it working again. Cingular
    >>says they won't support Bluetooth even though I bought the phone from
    >>them. Can anyone help?
    >> gail

Motorola Laptops Connection Bluetooth