Installing Java Games / Java Apps / .JAR files on MPX220

Last response: in Brands
January 20, 2005 10:14:33 AM

Has anyone seen any documentation on how to install Java apps on the
Motorola MPX 220 Smartphone ? The Motorola developer sites don't even
mention the MPX220 yet. I've tried a couple sites that do WAP Push type
installs of java apps, but they don't support the MPX220 yet. PocketIE
supposedly supports WAP 2.0, but when I try to access a WAP server, it
recognizes PocketIE as an HTML browser, but not as a WAP browser.... Any
thoughts anyone ?
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 12:33:21 PM

The easiest way to upload games is through Bluetooth. See the tutorial I
posted a couple of days ago or let me know if you can't find it.

From:Evan Wheeler
emwheeler@earthlink.net

> Has anyone seen any documentation on how to install Java apps on the
> Motorola MPX 220 Smartphone ? The Motorola developer sites don't even
> mention the MPX220 yet. I've tried a couple sites that do WAP Push
> type installs of java apps, but they don't support the MPX220 yet.
> PocketIE supposedly supports WAP 2.0, but when I try to access a WAP
> server, it recognizes PocketIE as an HTML browser, but not as a WAP
> browser.... Any thoughts anyone ?
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 1:06:44 PM

I've just posted the tutorial at a blog site I just started a few
minutes ago. You can find it at
http://www.justabunchofstuff.blogster.com/home.aspx?blo....

From:BruceR
brNOSPAM@hawaii.com

> The easiest way to upload games is through Bluetooth. See the
> tutorial I posted a couple of days ago or let me know if you can't
> find it.
> From:Evan Wheeler
> emwheeler@earthlink.net
>
>> Has anyone seen any documentation on how to install Java apps on the
>> Motorola MPX 220 Smartphone ? The Motorola developer sites don't
>> even mention the MPX220 yet. I've tried a couple sites that do WAP
>> Push type installs of java apps, but they don't support the MPX220
>> yet. PocketIE supposedly supports WAP 2.0, but when I try to access
>> a WAP server, it recognizes PocketIE as an HTML browser, but not as
>> a WAP browser.... Any thoughts anyone ?
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 2:16:21 PM

Can you send Java games/apps using the USB synch cable?

How to do that?

There is VERY LITTLE known about this phone, and Moto is NO HELP at
all!

Help would be GREAT!! :)

--
Scottsha