Sign in with
Your question

Problem installing f windows 7 proffesional x64 sp1

Last response: in Windows 7
May 18, 2012 5:20:25 PM

i am trying to install a fresh copy of windows 7 proffesional x64 sp1 on my msi gt683dxr with raid 0 enabled every time the setup completes and at the end displays Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware . i have tried re installing it several time but all efforts are in vain . i tried following he solution mentioned in the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2466753 .I installed the RST setup (out of all the search results on the intel page) but the setup couldnt find any driver file in the flash device . any ideas as how i should proceed with the problem ?? could it be problem be due to any damaged driver , is so what are the possible ones ?
(my intel RST's version is 11 above the 9.6 as specified in the link)
May 19, 2012 5:00:19 AM

Drivers on Installation must be Unzipped, Uncompressed from .EXE in order to be seen and recognized by the installation on the media device.
May 25, 2012 5:17:30 AM

Cyberat_88 said:
Drivers on Installation must be Unzipped, Uncompressed from .EXE in order to be seen and recognized by the installation on the media device.

how to uncompress from .exe ? arent they already uncompressed ?
Related resources
May 31, 2012 1:33:14 AM

Run the .exe and install it in a folder on another PC. Burn the contents of that folder. Alternatively, not guaranteed to work, open the .exe from WINZIP.
June 6, 2012 6:04:41 PM

Or rename the exe from .exe to .cab and then it will be easy to just open. You may need something like winrar to do it
!