What do I need Motorola/Phone Tools software for?

Last response: in Brands
January 20, 2005 5:49:03 PM

Hi all,
I recently purchased a Moto v551. My previous phone was a basic, but
reliable Nokia 8265 TDMA phone, and I am a newbie to GSM/GPRS and the
available features of this phone. What exactly does the Moto software
allow me to do with my new phone? Thanks for any info. Neal
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 2:24:41 AM

<njacobs1966@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I recently purchased a Moto v551. My previous phone was a basic, but
> reliable Nokia 8265 TDMA phone, and I am a newbie to GSM/GPRS and the
> available features of this phone. What exactly does the Moto software
> allow me to do with my new phone? Thanks for any info. Neal

Hmmm... don't know if I can put it any better then Motorola does:

http://tinyurl.com/4jkmo
11/16/04 Use Mobile PhoneTools and make your life easier! Take the office
with you wherever you go--whether you are in the airport, at a soccer game,
or in your own home--this software can be used by virtually anyone! Send and
receive messages through Email or SMS (10) Look up information on the
Internet when you need it the most Sync information between your PC and your
mobile phone while on the go. V300, V400 and V600 users can also transfer
audio files and images between their phone and PC, and compose MMS messages.
In order to use mobile PhoneTools, you will also need the SKN6311 USB or
SKN6371 Mini USB data cable, depending on your phone, which is sold
separately at hellomoto.com.
January 21, 2005 2:24:42 AM

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:24:41 GMT, "Todd Copeland"
<todd@copelandhome.net> wrote:

><njacobs1966@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> I recently purchased a Moto v551. My previous phone was a basic, but
>> reliable Nokia 8265 TDMA phone, and I am a newbie to GSM/GPRS and the
>> available features of this phone. What exactly does the Moto software
>> allow me to do with my new phone? Thanks for any info. Neal
>
>Hmmm... don't know if I can put it any better then Motorola does:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/4jkmo
>11/16/04 Use Mobile PhoneTools and make your life easier! Take the office
>with you wherever you go--whether you are in the airport, at a soccer game,
>or in your own home--this software can be used by virtually anyone! Send and
>receive messages through Email or SMS (10) Look up information on the
>Internet when you need it the most Sync information between your PC and your
>mobile phone while on the go. V300, V400 and V600 users can also transfer
>audio files and images between their phone and PC, and compose MMS messages.
>In order to use mobile PhoneTools, you will also need the SKN6311 USB or
>SKN6371 Mini USB data cable, depending on your phone, which is sold
>separately at hellomoto.com.

One of the things I really like is the ability to take any midi file
you might have on your computer and edit it with MPT into the size you
want for a ring tone. Then simply upload it to the phone. Voila! A
new ring tone when you get tired of the one(s) you have.
January 21, 2005 3:30:56 AM

....or BVRP's site too:
http://www.bvrp.com/ENG/products/mobilePhoneTools/

From:Todd Copeland
todd@copelandhome.net

> <njacobs1966@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> I recently purchased a Moto v551. My previous phone was a basic, but
>> reliable Nokia 8265 TDMA phone, and I am a newbie to GSM/GPRS and the
>> available features of this phone. What exactly does the Moto software
>> allow me to do with my new phone? Thanks for any info. Neal
>
> Hmmm... don't know if I can put it any better then Motorola does:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/4jkmo
> 11/16/04 Use Mobile PhoneTools and make your life easier! Take the
> office with you wherever you go--whether you are in the airport, at a
> soccer game, or in your own home--this software can be used by
> virtually anyone! Send and receive messages through Email or SMS (10)
> Look up information on the Internet when you need it the most Sync
> information between your PC and your mobile phone while on the go.
> V300, V400 and V600 users can also transfer audio files and images
> between their phone and PC, and compose MMS messages. In order to use
> mobile PhoneTools, you will also need the SKN6311 USB or SKN6371 Mini
> USB data cable, depending on your phone, which is sold separately at
> hellomoto.com.
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 6:02:41 PM

Thanks for the info. Does anyone have any preference for one software
package over the other?
!