Agendus version 8

May 27, 2004 1:50:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I wonder what is the consensus on Agendus version 8.
It seems that it has added a lot of extra functions.
However, not so long ago, when Agendus 7 was released, a lot of people find
the new version filled with bugs and it seemed to be released pre-maturely.
I heard some people saying they regretted changing from version 6.
Now, whats the verdict on the latest version 8 ?

Jes

More about : agendus version

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 1:50:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In news:c927c4$q446@imsp212.netvigator.com,
tom <tom@nospam.com> informed us:
| I wonder what is the consensus on Agendus version 8.
| It seems that it has added a lot of extra functions.
| However, not so long ago, when Agendus 7 was released, a lot of
| people find the new version filled with bugs and it seemed to be
| released pre-maturely. I heard some people saying they regretted
| changing from version 6.
| Now, whats the verdict on the latest version 8 ?

check out the web forums at www.iambic.com - they have extensive
discussions about Agendus, including the beta. I stop in once every
couple of months, and it seems that the programmers will answer certain
questions for you.

I tried the 8 beta, and it crashed often and horribly on my T3. Version
7 was better after I got the updates, but it has some weirdnesses that I
bump into once in a while. For example, icon files edited with IconMgr
(hi-rez) will crash when used by Agendus 7. Grr. Also, v7 would not let
you use Geek SOunds or other modified MIDI alarms. Not a really big
deal, but still...

Tom
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 1:50:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I agree. Iambic seems to be adding a lot of bloat with each new version. The
original distribution of a version is very buggy. I installed the demo
version 8, and after a few crashes, I went back to version 7+. I'll try
again in a month or two after fixes arrive. Good luck.
--
Dean J. Schanzel
"tom" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I wonder what is the consensus on Agendus version 8.
> It seems that it has added a lot of extra functions.
> However, not so long ago, when Agendus 7 was released, a lot of people
find
> the new version filled with bugs and it seemed to be released
pre-maturely.
> I heard some people saying they regretted changing from version 6.
> Now, whats the verdict on the latest version 8 ?
>
> Jes

May 27, 2004 9:42:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:50:58 +0800, "tom" <tom@nospam.com> spewed forth these
words of wisdom:

>I wonder what is the consensus on Agendus version 8.
>It seems that it has added a lot of extra functions.
>However, not so long ago, when Agendus 7 was released, a lot of people find
>the new version filled with bugs and it seemed to be released pre-maturely.
>I heard some people saying they regretted changing from version 6.
>Now, whats the verdict on the latest version 8 ?
>
>Jes

I've only used it for two days, but have not had any problems with the Pro
version. They also offered an "Standard to Pro" upgrade for Agendus for Windows
for only $9.95. :-)

Galley
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 10:04:59 AM

"Tom Accuosti" <taccuostiMY@VIRUSearthlink.net> wrote in message news:<9v3tc.12093$be.11528@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> v7 would not let
> you use Geek SOunds

Funny, I've had GeekSounds for ages and never once had a problem with
it and v7. Had v8 for a week now and no conflicts here either.

One issue I'm finding with v8 Pro is that occasionally the icons will
disappear from the events they're assigned to. Not a biggie, though.
So far, I'm liking v8. For me, it was worth the upgrade price from
v7. YMMV, as always.
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 3:45:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I like it, have switched over from Datebook 5

I like the linking feature to Mapopolis
Very customizeable views with To Do's and Meetings
Drag and drop events right on the screen instead of Palm desktop
Pictures of contacts in DB, though this would add bloat
Pictures associated with TO Do's, bloat but more functional.
Contacts can be searched by First name, and sorted by many ways.

Just a more intuitive interface all around.

"tom" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I wonder what is the consensus on Agendus version 8.
> It seems that it has added a lot of extra functions.
> However, not so long ago, when Agendus 7 was released, a lot of people
find
> the new version filled with bugs and it seemed to be released
pre-maturely.
> I heard some people saying they regretted changing from version 6.
> Now, whats the verdict on the latest version 8 ?
>
> Jes

May 30, 2004 4:02:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I use Agendus 8 Pro here and it's excellent. On previous versions the inital
releases have ad a few bugs (some major ones!). However, v8 seems to be alot
better, the beta program ironed out alot of bugs and the developer support
in the forums is excellent.

I'd have a look at the forums and give it a try..

jJ

"tom" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I wonder what is the consensus on Agendus version 8.
> It seems that it has added a lot of extra functions.
> However, not so long ago, when Agendus 7 was released, a lot of people
find
> the new version filled with bugs and it seemed to be released
pre-maturely.
> I heard some people saying they regretted changing from version 6.
> Now, whats the verdict on the latest version 8 ?
>
> Jes

Anonymous
May 30, 2004 5:55:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I've used Agendus since their first and 8, while feature packed, is solid on
a Tungsten E. Perhaps a bit slower than 7.
news:p Z2cnbl1-aDPIiTdSa8jmA@karoo.co.uk...

!