Bluetooth connection problem with Motorola v500

Last response: in Brands
January 21, 2005 12:36:35 PM

I have just bought a PC dongle which is working fine with another phone.
However my v500 can't connect with it, nor can I pair with other devices
unless they initiate the pairing process. If I want to send a file to
someone I can highlight it and ask to copy it to another device. It will
then happily find bluetooth devices such as my computer and other mobile
phones within range, and allow me to transfer files to them. However if I go
into connection, bluetooth link, hands free, (look for devices) it scans but
finds no devices. Why can it find bluetooth devices for one purpose but not
for another?

Thanks

Gary
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 6:49:46 PM

"Gary Sams" <garysams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have just bought a PC dongle which is working fine with another phone.
> However my v500 can't connect with it, nor can I pair with other devices
> unless they initiate the pairing process. If I want to send a file to
> someone I can highlight it and ask to copy it to another device. It will
> then happily find bluetooth devices such as my computer and other mobile
> phones within range, and allow me to transfer files to them. However if I
go
> into connection, bluetooth link, hands free, (look for devices) it scans
but
> finds no devices. Why can it find bluetooth devices for one purpose but
not
> for another?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary

If you go into connection->bluetooth link->hands free it's only going to
find a headset, that's why its called HA NDS FREE!

If you want to pair with your pc dongle you need to activate the find me
option, then search for devices from the pc.
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 7:15:16 PM

">
> If you go into connection->bluetooth link->hands free it's only going to
> find a headset, that's why its called HA NDS FREE!
>
> If you want to pair with your pc dongle you need to activate the find me
> option, then search for devices from the pc.

Thanks - that had occurred to me, but there is no other alternative way of
searching for a device. I am used to a Nokia, and have paired with the
Motorola by searching from the Nokia. Presumably that means two Motorola
phones can't be paired, because they can both be found but neither can
search. Similarly I have paired the Nokia with my PC by searching from the
Kokia. However, the PC software (Blue Manager 3.1c) does not seem to have an
option of searching for devices. There is, however, an option to find a
device by entering a 12 digit code - is it possible to find this code for
the Motorola?,

Gary
January 21, 2005 9:35:34 PM

> ">
>> If you go into connection->bluetooth link->hands free it's only going to
>> find a headset, that's why its called HA NDS FREE!
>>
>> If you want to pair with your pc dongle you need to activate the find me
>> option, then search for devices from the pc.
>>
> Thanks - that had occurred to me, but there is no other alternative way of
> searching for a device. I am used to a Nokia, and have paired with the
> Motorola by searching from the Nokia. Presumably that means two Motorola
> phones can't be paired, because they can both be found but neither can
> search. Similarly I have paired the Nokia with my PC by searching from the
> Kokia. However, the PC software (Blue Manager 3.1c) does not seem to have
> an
> option of searching for devices. There is, however, an option to find a
> device by entering a 12 digit code - is it possible to find this code for
> the Motorola?,
>
> Gary

Once I installed my bluetooth dongle on my pc I used windows(xp) itself to
find new bluetooth devices to pair with, and I didn't need any additional
software (blue manager?)
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 11:28:47 PM

You should be able to find the phone from the PC using My Bluetooth
Places if you have a dongle on the PC. As for the 12 digit number,
every BT device has one, like a MAC address, but you won't find it
printed on the device. You can get it with My Bluetooth Places.

From:Gary Sams
garysams@blueyonder.co.uk

> ">
>> If you go into connection->bluetooth link->hands free it's only
>> going to find a headset, that's why its called HA NDS FREE!
>>
>> If you want to pair with your pc dongle you need to activate the
>> find me option, then search for devices from the pc.
>>
> Thanks - that had occurred to me, but there is no other alternative
> way of searching for a device. I am used to a Nokia, and have paired
> with the Motorola by searching from the Nokia. Presumably that means
> two Motorola phones can't be paired, because they can both be found
> but neither can search. Similarly I have paired the Nokia with my PC
> by searching from the Kokia. However, the PC software (Blue Manager
> 3.1c) does not seem to have an option of searching for devices. There
> is, however, an option to find a device by entering a 12 digit code -
> is it possible to find this code for the Motorola?,
>
> Gary
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 12:33:38 AM

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
> You should be able to find the phone from the PC using My Bluetooth Places
> if you have a dongle on the PC. As for the 12 digit number, every BT
> device has one, like a MAC address, but you won't find it printed on the
> device. You can get it with My Bluetooth Places.
>
> From:Gary Sams
> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>
>> ">
>>
>> Gary

Sorry, but what and where is 'My Bluetooth Places'?. I have now uninstalled
the Blue Manager software which came with the phone and allowed XP to
recognize the dongle and install the built in software. This is much more
limited than 'Blue Manager' but should allow files to be transferred. I
have an icon called mRouter in my taskbar with an option to find bluetooth
devices - when I do so it finds the phone as a new device, but when I click
on OK I get the error message 'failed to connect to (the device) - the
requested address is not valid in its context.'
I also have a phone icon in my taskbar called connection manager.
Nothing in the taskbar or control panel is called 'my bluetooth
places'

Thanks

Gary
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 4:44:12 AM

I posted a tutorial about this here earlier in the week and have also
posted it to my blogsite (for lack of a better place).
Take a look at it and then let me know if you have any questions.
http://brobin111.blogspot.com/

From:Gary Sams
garysams@blueyonder.co.uk

> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>> You should be able to find the phone from the PC using My Bluetooth
>> Places if you have a dongle on the PC. As for the 12 digit number,
>> every BT device has one, like a MAC address, but you won't find it
>> printed on the device. You can get it with My Bluetooth Places.
>>
>> From:Gary Sams
>> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>>
>>> ">
>>>
>>> Gary
>>

> Sorry, but what and where is 'My Bluetooth Places'?. I have now
> uninstalled the Blue Manager software which came with the phone and
> allowed XP to recognize the dongle and install the built in software.
> This is much more limited than 'Blue Manager' but should allow files
> to be transferred. I have an icon called mRouter in my taskbar with
> an option to find bluetooth devices - when I do so it finds the phone
> as a new device, but when I click on OK I get the error message
> 'failed to connect to (the device) - the requested address is not
> valid in its context.' I also have a phone icon in my taskbar called
> connection manager.
> Nothing in the taskbar or control panel is called 'my bluetooth
> places'
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary
January 22, 2005 7:36:29 AM

Good work on the tutorial!

When I got 3rd party drivers into SP2 they would not stay there for long. I think it may
have been due to the dongle disconnecting briefly then installing the SP2 drivers when it
re-connected.

Microsoft article 883258 suggests that it might be due to my microwave... I only have a
puny dongle :)

I am never quite sure whether "device" in the article means dongle or phone. Folk do seem
to be having very variable results.

Belkin (a dongle "manufacturer") have a similar workaround as a word doc (the first one
they sent me was in French!)

Pat.

>I posted a tutorial about this here earlier in the week and have also posted it to my
>blogsite (for lack of a better place).
> Take a look at it and then let me know if you have any questions.
> http://brobin111.blogspot.com/
>
> From:Gary Sams
> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>
>> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>>> You should be able to find the phone from the PC using My Bluetooth
>>> Places if you have a dongle on the PC. As for the 12 digit number,
>>> every BT device has one, like a MAC address, but you won't find it
>>> printed on the device. You can get it with My Bluetooth Places.
>>>
>>> From:Gary Sams
>>> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk

>> Sorry, but what and where is 'My Bluetooth Places'?. I have now
>> uninstalled the Blue Manager software which came with the phone and
>> allowed XP to recognize the dongle and install the built in software.
>> This is much more limited than 'Blue Manager' but should allow files
>> to be transferred. I have an icon called mRouter in my taskbar with
>> an option to find bluetooth devices - when I do so it finds the phone
>> as a new device, but when I click on OK I get the error message
>> 'failed to connect to (the device) - the requested address is not
>> valid in its context.' I also have a phone icon in my taskbar called connection
>> manager.
>> Nothing in the taskbar or control panel is called 'my bluetooth
>> places'
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Gary

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 8:00:09 AM

Thanks. If you change the name of the MS driver than it won't reinstall
next time and you'll automatically get the CSR one.

From:p at
pat@usenet-only.com

> Good work on the tutorial!
>
> When I got 3rd party drivers into SP2 they would not stay there for
> long. I think it may have been due to the dongle disconnecting
> briefly then installing the SP2 drivers when it re-connected.
>
> Microsoft article 883258 suggests that it might be due to my
> microwave... I only have a puny dongle :)
>
> I am never quite sure whether "device" in the article means dongle or
> phone. Folk do seem to be having very variable results.
>
> Belkin (a dongle "manufacturer") have a similar workaround as a word
> doc (the first one they sent me was in French!)
>
> Pat.
>
> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>> I posted a tutorial about this here earlier in the week and have
>> also posted it to my blogsite (for lack of a better place).
>> Take a look at it and then let me know if you have any questions.
>> http://brobin111.blogspot.com/
>>
>> From:Gary Sams
>> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>>
>>> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message

>>> Sorry, but what and where is 'My Bluetooth Places'?. I have now
>>> uninstalled the Blue Manager software which came with the phone and
>>> allowed XP to recognize the dongle and install the built in
>>> software. This is much more limited than 'Blue Manager' but should
>>> allow
>>> files to be transferred. I have an icon called mRouter in my taskbar
>>> with
>>> an option to find bluetooth devices - when I do so it finds the
>>> phone as a new device, but when I click on OK I get the error
>>> message
>>> 'failed to connect to (the device) - the requested address is not
>>> valid in its context.' I also have a phone icon in my taskbar
>>> called connection manager.
>>> Nothing in the taskbar or control panel is called 'my bluetooth
>>> places'
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Gary
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 12:31:39 PM

It does seem that the software which came with my dongle is different from
everyone elses. Mine comes with Blue Manager 3.1c, and an internet search
suggests it is a pretty useful piece of software. I did manage to get it to
recognize the motorola once and worked well, but I don't know how I did it
and I can't do it again. I have uninstalled it and allowed XP to install
it's built in software. I am having the same problem finding the phone, so
it does not look like Blue Manager is the problem. However, I don't have 'My
Bluetooth Places'.

I have followed your suggestion and can get to 'Generic Bluetooth Radio'.
When I select 'update driver' I am prompted to insert the disc which came
with the hardware. I insert the Blue Manager disc but no other driver can be
found (bear in mind that Blue Manager is now uninstalled). Any suggestions
about where I can get hold of the driver or the 'My Bluetooth Places'
software. I did find a site called TDKsystems which offered a download of
the latter and have downloaded a file called bluetoothstack.zip - should I
try installing this, or is this likely to bespecific to their hardware?

Thanks

Gary

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>I posted a tutorial about this here earlier in the week and have also
>posted it to my blogsite (for lack of a better place).
> Take a look at it and then let me know if you have any questions.
> http://brobin111.blogspot.com/
>
> From:Gary Sams
> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>
>> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>>> You should be able to find the phone from the PC using My Bluetooth
>>> Places if you have a dongle on the PC. As for the 12 digit number,
>>> every BT device has one, like a MAC address, but you won't find it
>>> printed on the device. You can get it with My Bluetooth Places.
>>>
>>> From:Gary Sams
>>> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk

>> Sorry, but what and where is 'My Bluetooth Places'?. I have now
>> uninstalled the Blue Manager software which came with the phone and
>> allowed XP to recognize the dongle and install the built in software.
>> This is much more limited than 'Blue Manager' but should allow files
>> to be transferred. I have an icon called mRouter in my taskbar with
>> an option to find bluetooth devices - when I do so it finds the phone
>> as a new device, but when I click on OK I get the error message
>> 'failed to connect to (the device) - the requested address is not
>> valid in its context.' I also have a phone icon in my taskbar called
>> connection manager.
>> Nothing in the taskbar or control panel is called 'my bluetooth
>> places'
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Gary

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 1:13:11 PM

This is the Widcomm software that works for me:
http://www.elito-epox.com/dl/techsupp/BTW_1_4_2_10.zip

From:Gary Sams
garysams@blueyonder.co.uk

> It does seem that the software which came with my dongle is different
> from everyone elses. Mine comes with Blue Manager 3.1c, and an
> internet search suggests it is a pretty useful piece of software. I
> did manage to get it to recognize the motorola once and worked well,
> but I don't know how I did it and I can't do it again. I have
> uninstalled it and allowed XP to install it's built in software. I am
> having the same problem finding the phone, so it does not look like
> Blue Manager is the problem. However, I don't have 'My Bluetooth
> Places'.
> I have followed your suggestion and can get to 'Generic Bluetooth
> Radio'. When I select 'update driver' I am prompted to insert the
> disc which came with the hardware. I insert the Blue Manager disc but
> no other driver can be found (bear in mind that Blue Manager is now
> uninstalled). Any suggestions about where I can get hold of the
> driver or the 'My Bluetooth Places' software. I did find a site
> called TDKsystems which offered a download of the latter and have
> downloaded a file called bluetoothstack.zip - should I try installing
> this, or is this likely to bespecific to their hardware?
> Thanks
>
> Gary
>

> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>> I posted a tutorial about this here earlier in the week and have also
>> posted it to my blogsite (for lack of a better place).
>> Take a look at it and then let me know if you have any questions.
>> http://brobin111.blogspot.com/
>>
>> From:Gary Sams
>> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>>
>>> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message

>>> Sorry, but what and where is 'My Bluetooth Places'?. I have now
>>> uninstalled the Blue Manager software which came with the phone and
>>> allowed XP to recognize the dongle and install the built in
>>> software. This is much more limited than 'Blue Manager' but should
>>> allow files to be transferred. I have an icon called mRouter in my
>>> taskbar with an option to find bluetooth devices - when I do so it
>>> finds the phone as a new device, but when I click on OK I get the
>>> error message 'failed to connect to (the device) - the requested
>>> address is not valid in its context.' I also have a phone icon in
>>> my taskbar called connection manager.
>>> Nothing in the taskbar or control panel is called 'my bluetooth
>>> places'
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Gary
January 23, 2005 7:49:39 AM

Hi again BruceR
Did you mean to rename in C: all the drivers shown in Device Manager/Properties/Drivers
for the Ms Enumerator and the (Ms) Bluetooth Device or did you mean renaming the .inf file
(s?)
Thanks,
Pat.

> Thanks. If you change the name of the MS driver than it won't reinstall next time and
> you'll automatically get the CSR one.
>
> From:p at
> pat@usenet-only.com
>
>> Good work on the tutorial!
>>
>> When I got 3rd party drivers into SP2 they would not stay there for
>> long. I think it may have been due to the dongle disconnecting
>> briefly then installing the SP2 drivers when it re-connected.
>>
>> Microsoft article 883258 suggests that it might be due to my
>> microwave... I only have a puny dongle :)
>>
>> I am never quite sure whether "device" in the article means dongle or
>> phone. Folk do seem to be having very variable results.
>>
>> Belkin (a dongle "manufacturer") have a similar workaround as a word
>> doc (the first one they sent me was in French!)
>>
>> Pat.
>>
>> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>>> I posted a tutorial about this here earlier in the week and have
>>> also posted it to my blogsite (for lack of a better place).
>>> Take a look at it and then let me know if you have any questions.
>>> http://brobin111.blogspot.com/

January 23, 2005 7:49:40 AM

You only need to temporarily rename the bth.inf file. Read the
referenced Microsoft KB for exact instructions.

Dick

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 04:49:39 -0000, "Pat" <pat@usenet-only.com> wrote:

>Hi again BruceR
>Did you mean to rename in C: all the drivers shown in Device Manager/Properties/Drivers
>for the Ms Enumerator and the (Ms) Bluetooth Device or did you mean renaming the .inf file
>(s?)
>Thanks,
>Pat.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 8:31:40 AM

Just one file as described below:

Excerpted from MS article #840635:

Rename the %WINDIR%\inf\Bth.inf file to Bth.bak before you install or
reinstall the third-party device or stack. When you rename the file, you
prevent Windows Plug and Play PNP from using that INF file to install
the Bluetooth driver that is included with Windows XP SP2. To rename the
file, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type %windir%\inf
in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Right-click Bth.inf, and then click Rename.
3. Rename Bth.inf to Bth.bak, and then press ENTER.
4. Install the third-party Bluetooth driver.

From:p at
pat@usenet-only.com

> Hi again BruceR
> Did you mean to rename in C: all the drivers shown in Device
> Manager/Properties/Drivers for the Ms Enumerator and the (Ms)
> Bluetooth Device or did you mean renaming the .inf file (s?)
> Thanks,
> Pat.
>
> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks. If you change the name of the MS driver than it won't
>> reinstall next time and you'll automatically get the CSR one.
>>
>> From:p at
>> pat@usenet-only.com
>>
>>> Good work on the tutorial!
>>>
>>> When I got 3rd party drivers into SP2 they would not stay there for
>>> long. I think it may have been due to the dongle disconnecting
>>> briefly then installing the SP2 drivers when it re-connected.
>>>
>>> Microsoft article 883258 suggests that it might be due to my
>>> microwave... I only have a puny dongle :)
>>>
>>> I am never quite sure whether "device" in the article means dongle
>>> or phone. Folk do seem to be having very variable results.
>>>
>>> Belkin (a dongle "manufacturer") have a similar workaround as a word
>>> doc (the first one they sent me was in French!)
>>>
>>> Pat.
>>>
>>> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 6:18:16 PM

Downloaded that but when I try to use it I am told 'Your bluetooth licence
does not include use with this Bluetooth Device [6]' Do I have to get it
licensed somehow?

Gary

> This is the Widcomm software that works for me:
> http://www.elito-epox.com/dl/techsupp/BTW_1_4_2_10.zip
>

> From:Gary Sams
> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>
>> It does seem that the software which came with my dongle is different
>> from everyone elses. Mine comes with Blue Manager 3.1c, and an
>> internet search suggests it is a pretty useful piece of software. I
>> did manage to get it to recognize the motorola once and worked well,
>> but I don't know how I did it and I can't do it again. I have
>> uninstalled it and allowed XP to install it's built in software. I am
>> having the same problem finding the phone, so it does not look like
>> Blue Manager is the problem. However, I don't have 'My Bluetooth
>> Places'.
>> I have followed your suggestion and can get to 'Generic Bluetooth
>> Radio'. When I select 'update driver' I am prompted to insert the
>> disc which came with the hardware. I insert the Blue Manager disc but
>> no other driver can be found (bear in mind that Blue Manager is now
>> uninstalled). Any suggestions about where I can get hold of the
>> driver or the 'My Bluetooth Places' software. I did find a site
>> called TDKsystems which offered a download of the latter and have
>> downloaded a file called bluetoothstack.zip - should I try installing
>> this, or is this likely to bespecific to their hardware?
>> Thanks
>>
>> Gary
>>

>> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>>> I posted a tutorial about this here earlier in the week and have also
>>> posted it to my blogsite (for lack of a better place).
>>> Take a look at it and then let me know if you have any questions.
>>> http://brobin111.blogspot.com/
>>>
>>> From:Gary Sams
>>> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 8:44:32 PM

> Downloaded that but when I try to use it I am told 'Your bluetooth licence
> does not include use with this Bluetooth Device [6]' Do I have to get it
> licensed somehow?

The reason for this problem:

In the Service Pack 2, Microsoft included a generic Bluetooth driver,
naturally being WHQL-certified -- it's directly from Microsoft. The WIDCOMM
Bluetooth driver however is not WHQL-certified, so windows XP continues
using the generic driver. This interferes with the WIDCOMM Bluetooth
software resulting in the above error.

You can force Windows XP to use the WIDCOMM driver by following the steps
below:

1. Disconnect the Blueooth Dongle from the USB port
2. Uninstall the WIDCOM Bluetooth Software
3. Restart the Computer
4. Install the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software. When asked to plug in the
Bluetooth device and click OK, don't do it. Instead, click Cancel.
5. After the WIDCOMM setup has finished, connect your Bluetooth device and
let Windows install the driver. Tthere should be two Bluetooth icons in the
system tray:
a) One blue-white: this is the Windows driver, and
b) One blue-red: this is the deactivated WIDCOMM driver
6. Open the Device Manager, right click on the "Generic Bluetooth Radio" and
select "Update driver". Don't let Windows XP connect to the Internet, select
"Choose software from a list or specified location".
7. In the next window, select "Don't search, but select the driver to
install".
8. In the next window, activate "Show compatible hardware" (if it isn't
activated already) and point to the driver on the CD driver (e.g. CSR)
instead of the "Generic Bluetooth Radio" driver.
9. Click next until the new driver is installed.

Now the WIDCOMM system tray icon should be blue-white as well, activated and
ready to use. If you now double click on "My Bluetooth Places" (e.g. on the
desktop), the WIDCOMM software installation will be continued and finished.

After doing this, you might want to consider renaming
"C:\WINDOWS\INF\BTH.INF" to something like "BTH.INF.BAK" so that the
microsoft stack doesn't get reinstalled.

I use the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software V1.4.2.10. Works for me - I can copy
pictures & MP3s, but I can't download Java apps (I'm waiting for a cable to
unlock my V500).

Best of Luck!
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 12:25:14 AM

Gary, read and do this first and then the error message will not come
back:
www.brobin111.blogspot.com

From:Gary Sams
garysams@blueyonder.co.uk

> Downloaded that but when I try to use it I am told 'Your bluetooth
> licence does not include use with this Bluetooth Device [6]' Do I
> have to get it licensed somehow?
>
> Gary
>

> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>> This is the Widcomm software that works for me:
>> http://www.elito-epox.com/dl/techsupp/BTW_1_4_2_10.zip
>>

>> From:Gary Sams
>> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>>
>>> It does seem that the software which came with my dongle is
>>> different from everyone elses. Mine comes with Blue Manager 3.1c,
>>> and an internet search suggests it is a pretty useful piece of
>>> software. I did manage to get it to recognize the motorola once and
>>> worked well, but I don't know how I did it and I can't do it again.
>>> I have uninstalled it and allowed XP to install it's built in
>>> software. I am having the same problem finding the phone, so it
>>> does not look like Blue Manager is the problem. However, I don't
>>> have 'My Bluetooth Places'.
>>> I have followed your suggestion and can get to 'Generic Bluetooth
>>> Radio'. When I select 'update driver' I am prompted to insert the
>>> disc which came with the hardware. I insert the Blue Manager disc
>>> but no other driver can be found (bear in mind that Blue Manager is
>>> now uninstalled). Any suggestions about where I can get hold of the
>>> driver or the 'My Bluetooth Places' software. I did find a site
>>> called TDKsystems which offered a download of the latter and have
>>> downloaded a file called bluetoothstack.zip - should I try
>>> installing this, or is this likely to bespecific to their hardware?
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Gary
>>>

>>> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 1:51:54 PM

> In the Service Pack 2, Microsoft included a generic Bluetooth driver,
> naturally being WHQL-certified -- it's directly from Microsoft. The
> WIDCOMM Bluetooth driver however is not WHQL-certified, so windows XP
> continues using the generic driver. This interferes with the WIDCOMM
> Bluetooth software resulting in the above error.
>
> You can force Windows XP to use the WIDCOMM driver by following the steps
> below:
>
> 1. Disconnect the Blueooth Dongle from the USB port
> 2. Uninstall the WIDCOM Bluetooth Software
> 3. Restart the Computer
> 4. Install the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software. When asked to plug in the
> Bluetooth device and click OK, don't do it. Instead, click Cancel.
> 5. After the WIDCOMM setup has finished, connect your Bluetooth device and
> let Windows install the driver. Tthere should be two Bluetooth icons in
> the system tray:
> a) One blue-white: this is the Windows driver, and
> b) One blue-red: this is the deactivated WIDCOMM driver
> 6. Open the Device Manager, right click on the "Generic Bluetooth Radio"
> and select "Update driver". Don't let Windows XP connect to the Internet,
> select "Choose software from a list or specified location".
> 7. In the next window, select "Don't search, but select the driver to
> install".
> 8. In the next window, activate "Show compatible hardware" (if it isn't
> activated already) and point to the driver on the CD driver (e.g. CSR)
> instead of the "Generic Bluetooth Radio" driver.
> 9. Click next until the new driver is installed.
>
> Now the WIDCOMM system tray icon should be blue-white as well, activated
> and ready to use. If you now double click on "My Bluetooth Places" (e.g.
> on the desktop), the WIDCOMM software installation will be continued and
> finished.
>
> After doing this, you might want to consider renaming
> "C:\WINDOWS\INF\BTH.INF" to something like "BTH.INF.BAK" so that the
> microsoft stack doesn't get reinstalled.
>
> I use the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software V1.4.2.10. Works for me - I can copy
> pictures & MP3s, but I can't download Java apps (I'm waiting for a cable
> to unlock my V500).
>
> Best of Luck!

Thanks, but still not getting anywhere I'm afraid. Followed your
instructions to the letter right up to point 9. The CSR driver is now
installed and the Windows bluetooth icon has disappeared from the taskbar. I
have also renamed bth.inf (though it was not where you said it would be).
However the remaining bluetooth icon is still blue and red, and still
refuses to open giving the same error message about being unlicensed. Any
other suggestions?

Gary
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 2:42:44 PM

Have you tried rebooting? Do that then go back to device manager and
open the Bluetooth item and make sure the CSR driver is installed. You
should have an icon on the desktop that says My Bluetooth Places and it
should open OK now.

From:Gary Sams
garysams@blueyonder.co.uk

>> In the Service Pack 2, Microsoft included a generic Bluetooth driver,
>> naturally being WHQL-certified -- it's directly from Microsoft. The
>> WIDCOMM Bluetooth driver however is not WHQL-certified, so windows XP
>> continues using the generic driver. This interferes with the WIDCOMM
>> Bluetooth software resulting in the above error.
>>
>> You can force Windows XP to use the WIDCOMM driver by following the
>> steps below:
>>
>> 1. Disconnect the Blueooth Dongle from the USB port
>> 2. Uninstall the WIDCOM Bluetooth Software
>> 3. Restart the Computer
>> 4. Install the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software. When asked to plug in the
>> Bluetooth device and click OK, don't do it. Instead, click Cancel.
>> 5. After the WIDCOMM setup has finished, connect your Bluetooth
>> device and let Windows install the driver. Tthere should be two
>> Bluetooth icons in the system tray:
>> a) One blue-white: this is the Windows driver, and
>> b) One blue-red: this is the deactivated WIDCOMM driver
>> 6. Open the Device Manager, right click on the "Generic Bluetooth
>> Radio" and select "Update driver". Don't let Windows XP connect to
>> the Internet, select "Choose software from a list or specified
>> location". 7. In the next window, select "Don't search, but select
>> the driver to
>> install".
>> 8. In the next window, activate "Show compatible hardware" (if it
>> isn't activated already) and point to the driver on the CD driver
>> (e.g. CSR) instead of the "Generic Bluetooth Radio" driver.
>> 9. Click next until the new driver is installed.
>>
>> Now the WIDCOMM system tray icon should be blue-white as well,
>> activated and ready to use. If you now double click on "My Bluetooth
>> Places" (e.g. on the desktop), the WIDCOMM software installation
>> will be continued and finished.
>>
>> After doing this, you might want to consider renaming
>> "C:\WINDOWS\INF\BTH.INF" to something like "BTH.INF.BAK" so that the
>> microsoft stack doesn't get reinstalled.
>>
>> I use the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software V1.4.2.10. Works for me - I can
>> copy pictures & MP3s, but I can't download Java apps (I'm waiting
>> for a cable to unlock my V500).
>>
>> Best of Luck!
>>
> Thanks, but still not getting anywhere I'm afraid. Followed your
> instructions to the letter right up to point 9. The CSR driver is now
> installed and the Windows bluetooth icon has disappeared from the
> taskbar. I have also renamed bth.inf (though it was not where you
> said it would be). However the remaining bluetooth icon is still blue
> and red, and still refuses to open giving the same error message
> about being unlicensed. Any other suggestions?
>
> Gary
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 4:38:17 PM

> Have you tried rebooting? Do that then go back to device manager and open
> the Bluetooth item and make sure the CSR driver is installed. You should
> have an icon on the desktop that says My Bluetooth Places and it should
> open OK now.
>
> From:Gary Sams
> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk

Yes, I have already tried that. I do have My Bluetooth Places on my desktop,
but it will not open. I do have the CSR driver installed (it is the only
option now offered in device manager). I still have the red and blue icon on
the taskbar which gives me the error message.

I tried to remove any program which has anything to do with bluetooth or
mobile phones before doing the reinstall, and rebooted at every stage. The
only thing I could not get rid of is Bluetooth Devices in Control Panel. (I
now also have Bluetooth Configuration but it won't open - says bluetooth
device not found). Bluetooth Devices seems empty and also can't find any
Bluetooth devices. Howver if I try to turn discovery on (which seems like a
good idea) I get an error message that ' an error occured when windows was
saving your settings. The following settings were not saved- Discoverabilty
Settings. Connection settings.'

Thanks

Gary
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 10:07:12 PM

The only other thing I can think of is to pull out the dongle, delete
all the BT stuff from device manager (also in COM ports and Modems if
present) reboot, and put the dongle back in to be reinstalled with the
right driver.

From:Gary Sams
garysams@blueyonder.co.uk

> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>> Have you tried rebooting? Do that then go back to device manager and
>> open the Bluetooth item and make sure the CSR driver is installed.
>> You should have an icon on the desktop that says My Bluetooth Places
>> and it should open OK now.
>>
>> From:Gary Sams
>> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>
> Yes, I have already tried that. I do have My Bluetooth Places on my
> desktop, but it will not open. I do have the CSR driver installed (it
> is the only option now offered in device manager). I still have the
> red and blue icon on the taskbar which gives me the error message.
>
> I tried to remove any program which has anything to do with bluetooth
> or mobile phones before doing the reinstall, and rebooted at every
> stage. The only thing I could not get rid of is Bluetooth Devices in
> Control Panel. (I now also have Bluetooth Configuration but it won't
> open - says bluetooth device not found). Bluetooth Devices seems
> empty and also can't find any Bluetooth devices. Howver if I try to
> turn discovery on (which seems like a good idea) I get an error
> message that ' an error occured when windows was saving your
> settings. The following settings were not saved- Discoverabilty
> Settings. Connection settings.'
> Thanks
>
> Gary
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 10:55:42 PM

>> In the Service Pack 2, Microsoft included a generic Bluetooth driver,
>> naturally being WHQL-certified -- it's directly from Microsoft. The
>> WIDCOMM Bluetooth driver however is not WHQL-certified, so windows XP
>> continues using the generic driver. This interferes with the WIDCOMM
>> Bluetooth software resulting in the above error.
>>
>> You can force Windows XP to use the WIDCOMM driver by following the steps
>> below:
>>
>> 1. Disconnect the Blueooth Dongle from the USB port
>> 2. Uninstall the WIDCOM Bluetooth Software
>> 3. Restart the Computer
>> 4. Install the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software. When asked to plug in the
>> Bluetooth device and click OK, don't do it. Instead, click Cancel.
>> 5. After the WIDCOMM setup has finished, connect your Bluetooth device
>> and let Windows install the driver. Tthere should be two Bluetooth icons
>> in the system tray:
>> a) One blue-white: this is the Windows driver, and
>> b) One blue-red: this is the deactivated WIDCOMM driver
>> 6. Open the Device Manager, right click on the "Generic Bluetooth Radio"
>> and select "Update driver". Don't let Windows XP connect to the Internet,
>> select "Choose software from a list or specified location".
>> 7. In the next window, select "Don't search, but select the driver to
>> install".
>> 8. In the next window, activate "Show compatible hardware" (if it isn't
>> activated already) and point to the driver on the CD driver (e.g. CSR)
>> instead of the "Generic Bluetooth Radio" driver.
>> 9. Click next until the new driver is installed.
>>
>> Now the WIDCOMM system tray icon should be blue-white as well, activated
>> and ready to use. If you now double click on "My Bluetooth Places" (e.g.
>> on the desktop), the WIDCOMM software installation will be continued and
>> finished.
>>
>> After doing this, you might want to consider renaming
>> "C:\WINDOWS\INF\BTH.INF" to something like "BTH.INF.BAK" so that the
>> microsoft stack doesn't get reinstalled.
>>
>> I use the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software V1.4.2.10. Works for me - I can copy
>> pictures & MP3s, but I can't download Java apps (I'm waiting for a cable
>> to unlock my V500).
>>
>> Best of Luck!
>>
> Thanks, but still not getting anywhere I'm afraid. Followed your
> instructions to the letter right up to point 9. The CSR driver is now
> installed and the Windows bluetooth icon has disappeared from the taskbar.
> I have also renamed bth.inf (though it was not where you said it would
> be). However the remaining bluetooth icon is still blue and red, and still
> refuses to open giving the same error message about being unlicensed. Any
> other suggestions?
>
> Gary

Mine is Blue & Red until I plug in my dongle. I then right click the icon
and select "Start the Bluetooth Device", upon which the icon changes to Blue
& White. I can then double click to see My Bluetooth Places...
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 11:56:34 PM

> Mine is Blue & Red until I plug in my dongle. I then right click the icon
> and select "Start the Bluetooth Device", upon which the icon changes to
> Blue & White. I can then double click to see My Bluetooth Places...

Mine stays blue and red when I plug in my dongle,

Gary
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 11:58:13 PM

Frankly, I've deleted everything I know how to delete. I would be grateful
for any advice on how to delete any more BT stuff,

Thanks

Gary

> The only other thing I can think of is to pull out the dongle, delete all
> the BT stuff from device manager (also in COM ports and Modems if present)
> reboot, and put the dongle back in to be reinstalled with the right
> driver.
>
> From:Gary Sams
> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>
>> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>>> Have you tried rebooting? Do that then go back to device manager and
>>> open the Bluetooth item and make sure the CSR driver is installed.
>>> You should have an icon on the desktop that says My Bluetooth Places
>>> and it should open OK now.
>>>
>>> From:Gary Sams
>>> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>>
>> Yes, I have already tried that. I do have My Bluetooth Places on my
>> desktop, but it will not open. I do have the CSR driver installed (it
>> is the only option now offered in device manager). I still have the
>> red and blue icon on the taskbar which gives me the error message.
>>
>> I tried to remove any program which has anything to do with bluetooth
>> or mobile phones before doing the reinstall, and rebooted at every
>> stage. The only thing I could not get rid of is Bluetooth Devices in
>> Control Panel. (I now also have Bluetooth Configuration but it won't
>> open - says bluetooth device not found). Bluetooth Devices seems
>> empty and also can't find any Bluetooth devices. Howver if I try to
>> turn discovery on (which seems like a good idea) I get an error
>> message that ' an error occured when windows was saving your
>> settings. The following settings were not saved- Discoverabilty
>> Settings. Connection settings.'
>> Thanks
>>
>> Gary

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:58:11 AM

>> Mine is Blue & Red until I plug in my dongle. I then right click the icon
>> and select "Start the Bluetooth Device", upon which the icon changes to
>> Blue & White. I can then double click to see My Bluetooth Places...
>>
> Mine stays blue and red when I plug in my dongle,
>
> Gary

So does mine!!!

But did you then right click and start the BT device?
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:25:08 AM

"

>>> Mine is Blue & Red until I plug in my dongle. I then right click the
>>> icon and select "Start the Bluetooth Device", upon which the icon
>>> changes to Blue & White. I can then double click to see My Bluetooth
>>> Places...
>>>
>> Mine stays blue and red when I plug in my dongle,
>>
>> Gary
>>

> So does mine!!!
>
> But did you then right click and start the BT device?

Yes, thats when I get the licence error message,

Gary
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:29:54 PM

If you check in Device Mgr, you should see the Widcomm driver installed
in 4 places:
1. Bluetooth Devices: CSR USB Bluetooth
2. Modems: Bluetooth Modem
3. Network Adapters: Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver
4. Ports: Bluetooth Communication Ports
If something is missing/different that could be the problem.

From:Gary Sams
garysams@blueyonder.co.uk

> "

>>> Mine stays blue and red when I plug in my dongle,
>>>
>>> Gary
>>>

>> So does mine!!!
>>
>> But did you then right click and start the BT device?
>

> Yes, thats when I get the licence error message,
>
> Gary
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:58:57 PM

BTW, There's also an entry for the Widcomm s/w under Add/Remove
Programs. Maybe remove and reinstall?

From:BruceR
brNOSPAM@hawaii.com

> If you check in Device Mgr, you should see the Widcomm driver
> installed in 4 places:
> 1. Bluetooth Devices: CSR USB Bluetooth
> 2. Modems: Bluetooth Modem
> 3. Network Adapters: Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver
> 4. Ports: Bluetooth Communication Ports
> If something is missing/different that could be the problem.
>
> From:Gary Sams
> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>
>> "

>>> So does mine!!!
>>>
>>> But did you then right click and start the BT device?
>>

>> Yes, thats when I get the licence error message,
>>
>> Gary
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 7:50:58 PM

When Widcomm is uninstalled I have no Bluetooth Devices section, no modems
section, and no reference to Bluetooth under network adapters or ports. All
I have is a Bluetooth Devices icon in control panel which seems to be empty.
If a plug my dongle in XP is unable to find any driver for it so I think I
have got the place pretty clean.

However, when I install Widcom, carefully following the instructions set out
by Ironman, I still get the unlicensed error message,

Thanks

Gary

> If you check in Device Mgr, you should see the Widcomm driver installed in
> 4 places:
> 1. Bluetooth Devices: CSR USB Bluetooth
> 2. Modems: Bluetooth Modem
> 3. Network Adapters: Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver
> 4. Ports: Bluetooth Communication Ports
> If something is missing/different that could be the problem.
>
> From:Gary Sams
> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>
>> "

>>> So does mine!!!
>>>
>>> But did you then right click and start the BT device?
>>

>> Yes, thats when I get the licence error message,
>>
>> Gary

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 6:48:58 PM

Done that but still getting the licence error message. Gone back to the blue
manager software, which can now find the v500 when I enter the code. Working
fine, so thanks for the help. All I need to do is get my Nokia 6600 working
with PC Suite now!

Gary

> Gary, read and do this first and then the error message will not come
> back:
> www.brobin111.blogspot.com
>
> From:Gary Sams
> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk
>
>> Downloaded that but when I try to use it I am told 'Your bluetooth
>> licence does not include use with this Bluetooth Device [6]' Do I
>> have to get it licensed somehow?
>>
>> Gary
>>

>> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>>> This is the Widcomm software that works for me:
>>> http://www.elito-epox.com/dl/techsupp/BTW_1_4_2_10.zip
>>>

>>> From:Gary Sams
>>> garysams@blueyonder.co.uk

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 3:47:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Ironman wrote:
> "Gary Sams" <garysams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>Downloaded that but when I try to use it I am told 'Your bluetooth licence
>>does not include use with this Bluetooth Device [6]' Do I have to get it
>>licensed somehow?
>>

> The reason for this problem:
>
> In the Service Pack 2, Microsoft included a generic Bluetooth driver,
> naturally being WHQL-certified -- it's directly from Microsoft. The WIDCOMM
> Bluetooth driver however is not WHQL-certified, so windows XP continues
> using the generic driver. This interferes with the WIDCOMM Bluetooth
> software resulting in the above error.
>
> You can force Windows XP to use the WIDCOMM driver by following the steps
> below:
>
> 1. Disconnect the Blueooth Dongle from the USB port
> 2. Uninstall the WIDCOM Bluetooth Software
> 3. Restart the Computer
> 4. Install the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software. When asked to plug in the
> Bluetooth device and click OK, don't do it. Instead, click Cancel.
> 5. After the WIDCOMM setup has finished, connect your Bluetooth device and
> let Windows install the driver. Tthere should be two Bluetooth icons in the
> system tray:
> a) One blue-white: this is the Windows driver, and
> b) One blue-red: this is the deactivated WIDCOMM driver
> 6. Open the Device Manager, right click on the "Generic Bluetooth Radio" and
> select "Update driver". Don't let Windows XP connect to the Internet, select
> "Choose software from a list or specified location".
> 7. In the next window, select "Don't search, but select the driver to
> install".
> 8. In the next window, activate "Show compatible hardware" (if it isn't
> activated already) and point to the driver on the CD driver (e.g. CSR)
> instead of the "Generic Bluetooth Radio" driver.
> 9. Click next until the new driver is installed.
>
> Now the WIDCOMM system tray icon should be blue-white as well, activated and
> ready to use. If you now double click on "My Bluetooth Places" (e.g. on the
> desktop), the WIDCOMM software installation will be continued and finished.
>
> After doing this, you might want to consider renaming
> "C:\WINDOWS\INF\BTH.INF" to something like "BTH.INF.BAK" so that the
> microsoft stack doesn't get reinstalled.
>
> I use the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software V1.4.2.10. Works for me - I can copy
> pictures & MP3s, but I can't download Java apps (I'm waiting for a cable to
> unlock my V500).
>
> Best of Luck!

Mine is V600 and I've also been trying to install apps in it but has no
clue how to do it.

First, I don't know on what directory to install them. On File Transer,
there are only 3 directories - audio, picture, and video. Should I
create an apps directory and put the application right there? Or I
suppose to do something else? Help!

Thanks
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 9:15:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

You're supposed to do something else. DO NOT drag the file to the FILE
TRANSFER icon. Instead, drag the app/game file to the OBEX OBJECT PUSH
icon. It will start to transfer and your phone will beep and ask you to
accept the transfer. Accept it and it will download the file and then
ask if you'd like to install it. Let it install and then it will appear
under GAMES in the menu.

From:Sarah Tanembaum
sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com

> Ironman wrote:
>> "Gary Sams" <garysams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>> Downloaded that but when I try to use it I am told 'Your bluetooth
>>> licence does not include use with this Bluetooth Device [6]' Do I
>>> have to get it licensed somehow?
>>>

>> The reason for this problem:
>>
>> In the Service Pack 2, Microsoft included a generic Bluetooth driver,
>> naturally being WHQL-certified -- it's directly from Microsoft. The
>> WIDCOMM Bluetooth driver however is not WHQL-certified, so windows
>> XP continues using the generic driver. This interferes with the
>> WIDCOMM Bluetooth software resulting in the above error.
>>
>> You can force Windows XP to use the WIDCOMM driver by following the
>> steps below:
>>
>> 1. Disconnect the Blueooth Dongle from the USB port
>> 2. Uninstall the WIDCOM Bluetooth Software
>> 3. Restart the Computer
>> 4. Install the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software. When asked to plug in the
>> Bluetooth device and click OK, don't do it. Instead, click Cancel.
>> 5. After the WIDCOMM setup has finished, connect your Bluetooth
>> device and let Windows install the driver. Tthere should be two
>> Bluetooth icons in the system tray:
>> a) One blue-white: this is the Windows driver, and
>> b) One blue-red: this is the deactivated WIDCOMM driver
>> 6. Open the Device Manager, right click on the "Generic Bluetooth
>> Radio" and select "Update driver". Don't let Windows XP connect to
>> the Internet, select "Choose software from a list or specified
>> location". 7. In the next window, select "Don't search, but select
>> the driver to
>> install".
>> 8. In the next window, activate "Show compatible hardware" (if it
>> isn't activated already) and point to the driver on the CD driver
>> (e.g. CSR) instead of the "Generic Bluetooth Radio" driver.
>> 9. Click next until the new driver is installed.
>>
>> Now the WIDCOMM system tray icon should be blue-white as well,
>> activated and ready to use. If you now double click on "My Bluetooth
>> Places" (e.g. on the desktop), the WIDCOMM software installation
>> will be continued and finished. After doing this, you might want to
>> consider renaming
>> "C:\WINDOWS\INF\BTH.INF" to something like "BTH.INF.BAK" so that the
>> microsoft stack doesn't get reinstalled.
>>
>> I use the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software V1.4.2.10. Works for me - I can
>> copy pictures & MP3s, but I can't download Java apps (I'm waiting
>> for a cable to unlock my V500).
>>
>> Best of Luck!
>>

> Mine is V600 and I've also been trying to install apps in it but has
> no clue how to do it.
>
> First, I don't know on what directory to install them. On File
> Transer, there are only 3 directories - audio, picture, and video.
> Should I create an apps directory and put the application right
> there? Or I suppose to do something else? Help!
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 12:09:44 PM

> You're supposed to do something else. DO NOT drag the file to the FILE
> TRANSFER icon. Instead, drag the app/game file to the OBEX OBJECT PUSH
> icon. It will start to transfer and your phone will beep and ask you to
> accept the transfer. Accept it and it will download the file and then ask
> if you'd like to install it. Let it install and then it will appear under
> GAMES in the menu.

Yes, this is almost what I did, but I still couldn't get Java games
installed. I thought I needed a cable, but you _can_ upload games to the
phone via BT even without enabling the "Java App Loader" on the phone
(Motorola V500). Here's what I did to get it working on the WIDCOMM
Bluetooth software V1.4.2.10:

Installing Java Apps, Wallpapers, Screen Savers & Sounds via Bluetooth

1. Pair the PC & Phone if you haven't already (Activate "Find me" on the
phone, and use the Bluetooth Setup Wizard to find a specific device. Enter a
PIN number and click Initiate Pairing. Type the PIN on the phone). Once
paired select both OBEX Object Push and OBEX file transfer.
2. Go into My Bluetooth Places (search for devices in range, in necessary).
DONT use the links on the top menu!!!
3. Click on View Devices In Range, the on the Cellular Phone icon, right
click and select "Discover available services". This opens another window
with the correct icon to use.
4a. Drag JAR files (one at a time) onto "OBEX Object Push on ...".
4b. Drag all other file types (JPGs, GIFs, MP3s, MIDs) to "OBEX file
transfer on ...".

NB: Under "Advanced Configuration", I have set a insecure connection is
required for Audio Gateway, PIM Synchonisation, PIM Item Transfer and File
Transfer (both within the Local Services and Client Applications). Also,
Accessibility and Discovery are disabled.

I hope this helps someone, I was pulling my hair out for a few days. At
least my cable will come in useful for some seem editing...

Ironman.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 12:27:57 PM

Ironman Wrote:
> "Gary Sams" <garysams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I use the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software V1.4.2.10. Works for me - I can
> copy
> pictures & MP3s, but I can't download Java apps (I'm waiting for a
> cable to
> unlock my V500).
>
> Best of Luck!

Hey is this right?
I'm trying to figure out what (is the minimum) I need to get .jar games
onto my v551. Do I need a cable/unlock code or something too?
(I have Cingular service)

thanks
CKaz

--
CKaz
February 22, 2005 10:41:03 PM

No, all you need is the Widcomm software that ships with many BT dongles
or can be downloaded. No unlocking needs to be done to download .jar
files. The poster probably has not unchecked "secure connection" in the
software.
Have a look at my blogsite at http://brobin111.blogspot.com and you'll
have all the details and sources you need to do this with nothing more
than a BT dongle. Follow the directions exactly as listed in the exact
order presented. Let me know if you have any problems.

From:CKaz
CKaz.1kv2rz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net