V551 w/ HS820 & Ringtones???

Does anyone know of a fix that will allow me to use downloaded ringtones
while my V551 is connected to my HS820 Bluetooth headset?

While disconnected from the headset I can select and use any ringtone I
want. But once the HS820 is connected to my phone it reverts back to the
Continental ringtone and disregards what I previously set. Very
frustrating.

Thanks-
4 answers Last reply
More about v551 hs820 ringtones

    bump

    --
    t_cas70
    t_cas70's Profile: http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=44924

    I have the exact problem with my V3. No solution so far.

    --
    cafr06
    cafr06's Profile: http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=70148

    I have the same prob w/ my A630 and v3. From what I can gather from
    Motorola tech support, they disabled custom ringtones from being used
    when a bluetooth device is connected so that it would make the headset
    last longer. Apparently the ringtones would cause a significant
    decrease in headset battery life if enabled. This is the same reason
    you can't hear music over the headset when you are playing them on
    the phone's media player. Can we say STUPID. Come on Motorola, if we
    want battery life, we can disable it, you didn't need to make the
    decision for us!
    Posted from: http://www.phoneobsessed.com

    Its not possible...Nokia will work though

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:45:42 -0800, "Tom C."
    <tomc70NO@SPAMcomcast.net> wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a fix that will allow me to use downloaded ringtones
    >while my V551 is connected to my HS820 Bluetooth headset?
    >
    >While disconnected from the headset I can select and use any ringtone I
    >want. But once the HS820 is connected to my phone it reverts back to the
    >Continental ringtone and disregards what I previously set. Very
    >frustrating.
    >
    >Thanks-

Motorola Gaming Headsets