Sign in with
Your question

Cant reach belkin access point 192 168 2 254

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 22, 2012 1:16:10 AM

Hello,
In my living room I have a D-Link DIR-655 wireless router from which I have also made a wired connection to a powerline network (since the wireless cannot easily broadcast through my walls into another part of the house). From the powerline connection in a far bedroom I have wired it to a Belkin F5D7130a (RE) Access Point and am trying to make that connect wirelessly to both a TiVo box and a Kindle Fire. I've been trying to get to the Belkin AP's setup screen to make connections but no go. The 192.168.2.254 IP address is inaccessible. My D-Link DIR-655 has an address of 192.168.0.1 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
After physically hooking up the AP to the AC current and cabling it to the powerline adapter, the lights go through the proper routines but nothing connects to it - the devices still seek the very week signal from the other room. I have reset the Belkin twice with no results. I also tried to connect with the Belkin by changing the IP address to 192.168.0.254 with no results. Any suggestions?
October 22, 2012 2:05:48 AM

are you connected to the Belkin via ethernet cable or wirelessly when you configure it?

have you tried 192.168.2.1
November 8, 2012 6:42:23 AM

Emerald said:
are you connected to the Belkin via ethernet cable or wirelessly when you configure it?

have you tried 192.168.2.1

Sorry to be late - had to go out of town, just back.
I've tried it with an ethernet cable plugged into the powerline adapter and I've tried 192.168.2.1 - no success.

However, I just bought a replacement router, a NETGEAR R6300 Wireless AC175 router and I'm just about to hook it up and cable it to the main powerline module; I'd better fool around with that for a while and see if it is any solution; I'll see if the powerline-connected Belkin Access Point will be recognized on the network. Thanks very much for your response, I appreciate it.
!