Wireless Laptop Network Access

Clyde

My wireless notebook cannot seem to gain access to my
wired network computers. Wired computers see each other
and share files but cannot access my wireless notebook.
All computers, wired and wireless, are able to access the
internet through the router. Viewing the Broadband
Network Utility on my wireles notebook shows network
devices but without any information.

Clyde

Make sure you're part of the same Workgroup and your wireless device on the
laptop is pointing to the correct Channel. If you're using wireless
encryption from the base station, you'll need to supply the proper code,
too.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Clyde" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My wireless notebook cannot seem to gain access to my
> wired network computers. Wired computers see each other
> and share files but cannot access my wireless notebook.
> All computers, wired and wireless, are able to access the
> internet through the router. Viewing the Broadband
> Network Utility on my wireles notebook shows network
> devices but without any information.
>
> Clyde

PaulO

Clyde, you are running ICF or another firewall on the
notebook. You need to disable them for the wireless
connection.