Sign in with
Your question

Bank of America website not working ?????!

Last response: in Networking
December 9, 2012 12:16:10 AM

I have a problem I have never come across before. The Bank of America website will not load any page Internet Explorer Firefox and chrome time out when using my Comcast high speed connection. Bank of America claims the problem is with Comcast and of course Comcast claims its Bank of America and I don't know who's lying. I am able to reach any other website with no problem and when I ping www.bank of america.com there is no return. When I connect with an other provider I have no problem getting to the website. Comcast says they have checked the servers and find the problem is Bank of Americas website which they deny. Any help would be appreciated
December 9, 2012 12:41:16 PM

Emerald said:
does www.bofa.com work?

No it does not work there is no way I can get to any of their online banking it always times out. I believe it is a problem with either Comcast or Bank of America service not communicating.
Related resources
December 11, 2012 12:22:35 AM

I have the same problem. If I connect via 3G on my iPhone, BofA loads no problem. When connected to Comcast Wifi on my laptop, iPhone or iPad, it times out every time I try to load BofA.

Most likely the problem is Comcast. When the iOS 6 first came out, Comcast customers connected to wifi could not send pictures or videos via iMessage either. It took Comcast several weeks to resolve. They are just HORRIBLE ISPs. If I had any other choice, I would switch.
December 11, 2012 12:51:10 AM

After hours of troubleshooting the liar turned out to be BANK OF AMERICA. After dealing with their corporate headquarters and listening to every excuse imaginable I decided to do a trace back through all the servers to see which one was kicking out. The bad server is located in North Carolina IP 216.6.6.87.94 which is the culprit however Bank of America does not understand how their own system works. I can tell you I am not a fan of Comcast however they did not lie and it was not their fault. The perfect fix is change your bank. I have been a commercial customer for 40 years and deposited millions into this bank and it means nothing. And if you waste your time going through their corporate headquarters you'll want to blow your brains out.
November 30, 2013 12:52:44 PM

Emerald said:
does www.bofa.com work?

It doesn't work here! All links try to open, but it keeps spinning for ever and the page never opens.
!