Hotsync Icon in System tray

May 26, 2004 8:27:20 PM

I have no problem doing a hotsync. However, the hotsync icon has
disappeared from the system tray. I double clicked on hotsync.exe
but nothing happened. How do i get the icon back on the system tray?
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 10:09:11 PM

While intrepidly exploring comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, Norm rolled
initiative and posted the following:

> I have no problem doing a hotsync. However, the hotsync icon has
> disappeared from the system tray. I double clicked on
> hotsync.exe but nothing happened. How do i get the icon back on
> the system tray?

I've had this happen before on Windows 2000.

The problem is that while HOtsync doesn't appear in your system
tray, it is still running. As you can only have one instance of
Hotsync running at a time, clicking on the shortcut doesn't
accomplish anything.

You need to close hotsync.exe first. You can either accomplish this
either by rebooting the machine or closing "hotsync.exe" in
TaskManager.

At least, that's what solved the problem for me.

--
Derek

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying
relationships is you.
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 11:02:58 PM

Norm wrote:

> I have no problem doing a hotsync. However, the hotsync icon has
> disappeared from the system tray. I double clicked on hotsync.exe
> but nothing happened. How do i get the icon back on the system tray?

Did you enable "Hide inactive icons" in Windows?
!