Windows 8 System Builder Error

July617

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
I just bought and assembled all the components for my desktop, I popped in the windows 8 system builder , hit custom and went for the install / It downloaded the files about 60% then i got an error and it crashed, i reloaded the disc and it doesn't load, i just get an error and it restarts

------------------------------
Gigabyte LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s| Lite-On Super AllWrite 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive| Intel Core i5-3470 Quad-Core Processor 3.2 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 | WD Black Desktop 1TB SATA 6.0 GB/s | Corsair Memory Vengeance 16 Dual Channel |Corsair CX750 Builder Series ATX 80 |

July617

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

^ Bump ?

Anyone ?

July617

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
I took out one of my Vengeance 4g ram sticks and it worked just fine.

If i update all the drivers and install all the software for the motherboard could i put it back in?

You can try. It might not have been seeded in the slot fully. It happens to the best of us. I've built hundreds if not thousands of PC's and sometimes while it seems it clicks into the slot well, and the BIOS shows the RAM, you have to take it out and put it back in to get it in there good and stop errors. Glad it's going. Get it all installed and then try again, try a different slot, etc. If you do get problems after moving them around and trying that stick in the first slot, then it could be a bad RAM but usually it's not just in the slot fully even though it seems like it is.