1394 connection?

maitland02

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Hey there, I have an old custom build PC running windows XP SP3, After a clean re-install of windows(Incl format) and although im connected to my router via ethernet cable i am still unable to connect to the internet. All i seem to get is 1394 connection and no LAN, also when i try to set up a new connection nothing happens even after reboot. And ideas?

2.40 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
Board: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL GA-K8N Ultra-SLI

Belarc advisor brought this up:
1394 Net Adapter
Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

I've probably overlooked something, or lack of sleep making me stupid. Still if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I have pages of details on this PC just don't wanna clutter the post up with crap :)
Thanks

maitland02

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Yeah PCI stuff, the only network drivers are the 1394 texas thingy doodilys and theyre not flagged, any ideas on where i can get these drivers from?

icefire900

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
1 - You need the chipset drivers for the motherboard.
2 - You need the Network Interface Card driver as well.

On Windows 7 right click on Computer in the start menu and go to properties.
On the left hand pane there is a device manager.
If you have a "?" next to Network Drivers or you have unknown devices, chances are you have not installed the correct driver or have not installed the driver at all.

Open up the computer and find the model number of your motherboard, also check the NIC (The card that the ethernet cable plugs into) for a model number then google those two numbers to find the drivers and install them.

Another tool is Belarc Adviser which can point out the motherboard without opening the case. This software download can be found here for free: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html