strange thing with hdd

Albi

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2002
Hi guys. I bought a new hdd 40gb seagate barracuda. Something was wrong with my ram and I thought it was hard disk so I formated it. During formating my computer stoped and the hard was empty. When I turned it on next time it can recognize the hard disk but it stops at the bios at the part when it gives the tables with information about computer. It does not give anything there. As slave it works very good and you can put information inside. The jumpers are ok and if anyone knows something about this help please. As I told it is rare and strange. Thanks.

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
probably it is related to those ram problems you were talking about it doesnt sound like harddrive problems unless your bios is set to halt on no disk, also you may try reformating the disk

Dungeons and Dragons Famous Last Words:
"C'mon DM,let's see some REAL monsters!" And then you turn the corner as the Dungeon Master chuckles... DM: "It hits and... Oh hold on... I need more dice"

Albi

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2002
Well I was thinking and finally I found the solution. As I mentioned during formating the computer stoped so it could not end. Because of that I think the boot sector was not completely finished so I put it as a slave at a friends computer and formated it completely. Now it works fine just my ram is dead.:)

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
aha! I suspected as much lol Im glad its all worked out.

Dungeons and Dragons Famous Last Words:
"C'mon DM,let's see some REAL monsters!" And then you turn the corner as the Dungeon Master chuckles... DM: "It hits and... Oh hold on... I need more dice"

TRENDING THREADS