Mobile Phone Tools Problem

Last response: in Brands
Share
January 23, 2005 3:11:01 PM

I'm trying to connect my V600 to my computer using Mobile Phone Tools on
Bluetooth. The phone and computer 'see' each other and can pair but while
the Bluetooth Setup Wizard is 'Installing the Device' I get a message 'Comm
Port Installation Failed'.

Anyone able to help with a solution?

TIA.

Beware spamtrap - remove the negative
January 23, 2005 5:32:53 PM

> I'm trying to connect my V600 to my computer using Mobile Phone Tools on
> Bluetooth. The phone and computer 'see' each other and can pair but while
> the Bluetooth Setup Wizard is 'Installing the Device' I get a message
'Comm
> Port Installation Failed'.
>
> Anyone able to help with a solution?
You must have connected DUN (dial up networking) service before load MPT.
I have Canyon Bluetootg USB dongle and Blue Soleil software that come
with,and there is solution for connect DUN,and other avaiable services.
I don't know how original Motorola Bluetooth device working,never try it,
but in MPT ver 2 and above,program ask for type of bleutooth device
,original or not-other manufacturer.
If you have integrated bluetooth on motherboard ,then I dont know......some
settings...!?
January 23, 2005 5:36:16 PM

I just reinstalled the Bluetooth dongle software (D-link DBT120) and the
phone connects fine.

Weird...

Beware spamtrap - remove the negative
January 24, 2005 12:22:35 AM

I posted a tutorial on this issue a few days ago and you can view it
here. Hope it's helpful.
www.brobin111.blogspot.com

From:F
frank@spinningweb.notnet

> I just reinstalled the Bluetooth dongle software (D-link DBT120) and
> the phone connects fine.
>
> Weird...

> Beware spamtrap - remove the negative
January 24, 2005 2:53:17 AM

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in

> I posted a tutorial on this issue a few days ago and you can view it
> here. Hope it's helpful.
> www.brobin111.blogspot.com

Thanks, I had a look and it helps to explain some of what's happened.

I'm not sure why things have started to work, but they do, so I had better
not start altering anything!

However, Device Manager doesn't show the Bluetooth adapter (a D-Link DBT-
120) and there's no sign of Bluetooth Radio which was there previously. The
only references to Bluetooth are in Modems (Bluetooth Modem), Network
Adapters (Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver), Ports (Bluetooth
Communications Port (COM3) and Bluetooth Communications Port (COM4)) and
Sound, video and game controllers (Bluetooth Audio)...

Beware spamtrap - remove the negative
!