BEST COMPUTERS FOR RECORDING

Last response: in Home Audio
November 8, 2004 10:29:17 AM

COULD ANYONE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE ON WHAT THE BEST POWER-MAC/
POWER-BOOK/ I-MAC/ ETC IS FOR A PROJECT OR HOME STUDIO AND WHY?

IF POSSIBLE COULD YOU LIST THE INDIVIDUAL COMPONENTS OF THE COMPUTER
BY NAME AND TELL ME WHY THOSE COMPONENTS ARE BEST SUITED FOR THIS
PURPOSE?

THAT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP.

THANKS

NICK

More about : computers recording

Anonymous
November 8, 2004 10:40:28 AM

"guitar_nick" wrote ...
> COULD ANYONE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE ON WHAT THE
> BEST POWER-MAC/POWER-BOOK/ I-MAC/ ETC IS FOR A
> PROJECT OR HOME STUDIO AND WHY?
>
> IF POSSIBLE COULD YOU LIST THE INDIVIDUAL COMPONENTS
> OF THE COMPUTER BY NAME AND TELL ME WHY THOSE
> COMPONENTS ARE BEST SUITED FOR THIS PURPOSE?

Your caps lock key seems to be stuck. Maybe you should
get your computer fixed before trying to record with it? :-)

{TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS THE INTERNET EQUIVALENT
OF SHOUTING!}
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 1:40:44 PM

guitar_nick <guitar_nick@hotmail.com> wrote:
>COULD ANYONE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE ON WHAT THE BEST POWER-MAC/
>POWER-BOOK/ I-MAC/ ETC IS FOR A PROJECT OR HOME STUDIO AND WHY?
>
>IF POSSIBLE COULD YOU LIST THE INDIVIDUAL COMPONENTS OF THE COMPUTER
>BY NAME AND TELL ME WHY THOSE COMPONENTS ARE BEST SUITED FOR THIS
>PURPOSE?

Basically, the best computer is the cheapest one that reliably runs the
software you want to run.

This means you need to find out what software you want to run. Do you want
a computer to do heavy loop-based processing? Do you want a computer to do
multitrack recording? Do you want a computer to do accounting and record
keeping? Do you want a computer to control an analogue tape machine? All of
these require totally different software with different computer demands.

The software is the key. The hardware is just what you buy to run the
software.
--scott

November 8, 2004 1:59:04 PM

guitar_nick@hotmail.com (guitar_nick) wrote in message news:<2f668dcf.0411080729.599c9639@posting.google.com>...
> COULD ANYONE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE ON WHAT THE BEST POWER-MAC/
> POWER-BOOK/ I-MAC/ ETC IS FOR A PROJECT OR HOME STUDIO AND WHY?
>
> IF POSSIBLE COULD YOU LIST THE INDIVIDUAL COMPONENTS OF THE COMPUTER
> BY NAME AND TELL ME WHY THOSE COMPONENTS ARE BEST SUITED FOR THIS
> PURPOSE?
>
> THAT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP.
>
> THANKS
>
> NICK

It's best to talk to your audio software/hardware vendor to see what
they recommend. Sometimes there are specfic MOBOs, chips sets, etc
that don't work very well and the vendor will usually know what they
are. Also, lurk around the news groups for each vendor and see what
the issues are. Ask current users,
they will usually tell you what happening.

FWIW, I use ASUS MOBOs, Win2K O/S, Lynx Studio sound cards, and Sonar
4P.

DaveT
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 6:26:20 PM

"Deaf Mellon MESA" <psychodave.thomas@gmail.com> wrote in message
> guitar_nick@hotmail.com (guitar_nick) wrote in message
> > COULD ANYONE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE ON WHAT THE BEST POWER-MAC/
> > POWER-BOOK/ I-MAC/ ETC IS FOR A PROJECT OR HOME STUDIO AND WHY?

Stop yelling.

The best new Mac for audio is the most expensive one you can afford. Whether
you want a laptop or desktop is your own personal preference. Laptops are
portable and less powerful and less upgradeable.

jb
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 9:52:57 AM

"reddred" <opaloka@REMOVECAPSyahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Mq6dnf_HYamlSBLcRVn-3Q@adelphia.com>...
> "Deaf Mellon MESA" <psychodave.thomas@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > guitar_nick@hotmail.com (guitar_nick) wrote in message
> > > COULD ANYONE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE ON WHAT THE BEST POWER-MAC/
> > > POWER-BOOK/ I-MAC/ ETC IS FOR A PROJECT OR HOME STUDIO AND WHY?
> > >

> Stop yelling.
>
> The best new Mac for audio is the most expensive one you can afford. Whether
> you want a laptop or desktop is your own personal preference. Laptops are
> portable and less powerful and less upgradeable.
>
> jb

Sorry about the shouting guys. i havent posted a message before so i
didnt know about the caps. thanks a lot for your advice it has been
really helpfull.

Nick.
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 8:23:33 AM

Whoa! turn off the caps key, my man...

Anyway, in the Apple world, get a dual-processr G5 and away you go...

-jeff

!