Visor Neo

May 26, 2004 5:50:57 PM

I bought a used Visor Neo, as-is of course. I have since found that
it will use up one set of new Duracell Ultras in a 24hr period.
Anyone got a possoble fix for this?

Thanks Dave

More about : visor neo

May 26, 2004 11:21:16 PM

mitsub5@hotmail.com (David) wrote in message news:<7fadc4a4.0405261250.228d10e0@posting.google.com>...
> I bought a used Visor Neo, as-is of course. I have since found that
> it will use up one set of new Duracell Ultras in a 24hr period.
> Anyone got a possoble fix for this?
>
> Thanks Dave

My Visor's battery lasts 1 month dude. (If in constant use with games,
only 2 1/2 weeks or so)

Your battery capacitor is broken ------ you should get a refund on
that Visor.
May 27, 2004 4:16:15 PM

> If that doesn't work, sometimes excess battery drain is found to be
> caused by carting the thing around in a bag or somewhere where buttons
> are inadvertently getting pressed and causing the device to run
> constantly when it's not in use. So you could try putting in a fresh
> set of batteries and leaving it on the desk for 24 hours, then
> checking to see if the batteries drain more slowly under those
> circumstances. (If this is your problem, I believe you can get some
> software that prevents the device from powering on except with the
> power key.)
>
> Not sure if any of that will help, but it's something to try.
>
> - Logan

I have tried the rest suggestions and still it drains to fast. You
however gave me an idea to try. I have been putting the hard clip-on
cover back on it so I wonder if that maybe hitting the buttons. I
think I will try testing that over the weekend.

Thanks, Dave
May 28, 2004 9:49:39 PM

mitsub5@hotmail.com (David) wrote in message news:<7fadc4a4.0405271116.7ab98e80@posting.google.com>...

> I have tried the rest suggestions and still it drains to fast. You
> however gave me an idea to try. I have been putting the hard clip-on
> cover back on it so I wonder if that maybe hitting the buttons. I
> think I will try testing that over the weekend.

Did you not read my post? I said that your capacitor is broken. It
doesn't matter what you do -------- it's a small little thing attached
to the button board of the Visor (which in turn is connected to the
Visor motherboard) which doesn't work. It's like even when you turn
your Visor off, it's still draining the battery away.

The price to fix this probably equals the price of a Zire........you
might as well just buy a new PDA.

By the way, the hard cover does NOT turn the Visor on inadvertantly.
I've owned a Visor for 2.5 years....and it never did that.
!