Windows 7 Restore disk Vs windows 7 Home premium OEM disk

zodiac949

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Hey guys,

I've got a question real quick about restoring my laptop. My Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5332, running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, recently crashed on me, and windows startup repair seems to be failing in a continuous loop.
There are two disks that can potentially solve my problem, I know a Windows 7 Home Premium disk would probably do the trick if I boot from the bios, but there was another disk I recently discovered...

Windows 7 System Recovery disk Live Boot CD 64 bit DVD (disc is comparable with Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate)
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-System-Recovery-comparable-Professional/dp/B004RDCEQO

It seemed like kind of a sketchy product at first, but it did get some positive feedback, and the price seems to be really beneficial if the disk actually works. What do you guys think?

Solution
Totally useless --- the disk merely has a small batch file that will let you access the recovery partition on your prebuilt system (Which you can already do by pressing the proper key or inserting the windows install DVD) -- and if you already have accessed windows repair then you already are doing exactly what this $4 disk will do (It is just a product they are selling to make some money off of people that do not know how to access the system recovery tool !!)

Totally useless --- the disk merely has a small batch file that will let you access the recovery partition on your prebuilt system (Which you can already do by pressing the proper key or inserting the windows install DVD) -- and if you already have accessed windows repair then you already are doing exactly what this $4 disk will do (It is just a product they are selling to make some money off of people that do not know how to access the system recovery tool !!)

Solution