V551 hangs

Last response: in Brands
January 24, 2005 11:31:09 AM

Hi all,
I have noticed a peculiar problem with my V551 from Cingular. Whenever
i dial a number, if the phone is not able to connect the call (happens
when signal strength is low), it will display "calling...", now if I
want to end the call by pressing red disconnect button, it would not
stop "calling...", only way i can end this is by waiting untill phone
automatically drops the call or I power of the phone. It is very
annoying. Any suggestion/solution would be appreciated.
Thanks All
M Shah

More about : v551 hangs

February 10, 2005 11:10:04 PM

Cingular - Motorola drops sync after 6 to 15 minutes of connection! I have
been in contact with Cingular Customer Service about all my calls dropping
after 6 to 15 minutes of connection with land lines or other cellular
users. This was duplicated with other users and verified by Cingular that
Motorola has sent out a quick fix for this problem. It may be a quick fix
but not acceptable by all.

Problem: when talking to a friend or contact and your connection is
stationary to one cellsite and exceeds 6 minutes, your connection starts to
fade away and you drop sound from oneside of the connection. If you hold
on during the "are you there?" time, you have a 50/50 chance of
reconnection.

Their Quick Fix: They informed me that all of Motorola phones (my phone is
a V551) need to be Power Recycled within 3 days or the phone would could
loose sync. What is means is that we must power-down the phone as if we are
on an airplane for 15 seconds before we can place the phone in the battery
charger. This way the phone will re-sync to Cingular network.

I'm appalled at this option no where in the Motorola Manual or Cingular
website states this to be done. I have requested to exchange my Motorola
for any other cellular manufacture. All they would do is replace my
Motorola phone and state that the problem will continue. and I must remember
to power-down the phone every 3 days or sooner.

My Siemens S46 phones (3 units) that I had for years never needed to be
power down when used on the ATT /Cingular network. Why now?

"milap" <info@stratusoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have noticed a peculiar problem with my V551 from Cingular. Whenever
> i dial a number, if the phone is not able to connect the call (happens
> when signal strength is low), it will display "calling...", now if I
> want to end the call by pressing red disconnect button, it would not
> stop "calling...", only way i can end this is by waiting untill phone
> automatically drops the call or I power of the phone. It is very
> annoying. Any suggestion/solution would be appreciated.
> Thanks All
> M Shah

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 8:20:56 AM

So does posting the same message 4 times in a row mean you have 4 phones
with this problem? ;)

From:Steve
ciwaus@netzer0.net

> Cingular - Motorola drops sync after 6 to 15 minutes of connection! I
> have been in contact with Cingular Customer Service about all my
> calls dropping after 6 to 15 minutes of connection with land lines
> or other cellular users. This was duplicated with other users and
> verified by Cingular that Motorola has sent out a quick fix for this
> problem. It may be a quick fix but not acceptable by all.
>
> Problem: when talking to a friend or contact and your connection is
> stationary to one cellsite and exceeds 6 minutes, your connection
> starts to fade away and you drop sound from oneside of the
> connection. If you hold on during the "are you there?" time, you
> have a 50/50 chance of reconnection.
>
> Their Quick Fix: They informed me that all of Motorola phones (my
> phone is a V551) need to be Power Recycled within 3 days or the phone
> would could loose sync. What is means is that we must power-down the
> phone as if we are on an airplane for 15 seconds before we can place
> the phone in the battery charger. This way the phone will re-sync to
> Cingular network.
> I'm appalled at this option no where in the Motorola Manual or
> Cingular website states this to be done. I have requested to
> exchange my Motorola for any other cellular manufacture. All they
> would do is replace my Motorola phone and state that the problem will
> continue. and I must remember to power-down the phone every 3 days or
> sooner.
> My Siemens S46 phones (3 units) that I had for years never needed to
> be power down when used on the ATT /Cingular network. Why now?
>

> "milap" <info@stratusoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> I have noticed a peculiar problem with my V551 from Cingular.
>> Whenever i dial a number, if the phone is not able to connect the
>> call (happens when signal strength is low), it will display
>> "calling...", now if I want to end the call by pressing red
>> disconnect button, it would not stop "calling...", only way i can
>> end this is by waiting untill phone automatically drops the call or
>> I power of the phone. It is very annoying. Any suggestion/solution
>> would be appreciated. Thanks All
>> M Shah
March 1, 2005 3:01:03 PM

Any idea on why V551 hangs?
March 2, 2005 1:12:11 AM

Hangs??

Fred

"milap" <write2milap@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Any idea on why V551 hangs?

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 10:50:56 AM

Check my post in cingular's group
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 10:53:04 AM

I was told by motorola yesterday on the phone that if you do a master
reset , that is the same as pulling the battery and going through that
procedure. Let alone the fact that the guy laughed when I told him
that I head read about this power recycling in the newsgroups.
March 3, 2005 12:37:34 AM

No thanks. Your post is not that important to me.

Fred

!