V220 XP DRIVERS AND MPT

Hello Everyone,

I just installed Mobile Phone Tools 3.11 on windows XP at home. I
plugged in my phone and XP didn't recognize it and asked me for some
drivers. I selected a driver which I downloaded off the internet. It
worked and MPT was able to recognize the phone. However, when I try to
do the same on my work computer (also XP) nothing seems to work. When I
plug it in, it sort of recognizes the phone to be some generic motorola
phone which says "not configured properly". It won't even allow me to
change the drivers. And since i can't get XP to recognize the phone,
MPT won't even work. Anybody have the same problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
8 answers Last reply
More about v220 drivers

    Yes, I do have admin rights. It's not an issue of permissions. The
    computer recognizes other devices that I plug in via the USB port.
    However, with the V220 phone, it thinks it has the right drivers even
    though it doesn't. It will not let me choose the right drivers. It's
    not MPT that's screwing up...just the XP drivers for the phone.

    Yes, I do have admin rights. It's not an issue of permissions. The
    computer recognizes other devices that I plug in via the USB port.
    However, with the V220 phone, it thinks it has the right drivers even
    though it doesn't. It will not let me choose the right drivers. It's
    not MPT that's screwing up...just the XP drivers for the phone.

    If it's your work computer , I have to ask, do you have admin rights?
    because frequently work computers are "locked down" so novices such as
    yourself can't install illegal or non-work related software on a pc that
    isn't yours!

    "bb7chan" <bb7chan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I just installed Mobile Phone Tools 3.11 on windows XP at home. I
    > plugged in my phone and XP didn't recognize it and asked me for some
    > drivers. I selected a driver which I downloaded off the internet. It
    > worked and MPT was able to recognize the phone. However, when I try to
    > do the same on my work computer (also XP) nothing seems to work. When I
    > plug it in, it sort of recognizes the phone to be some generic motorola
    > phone which says "not configured properly". It won't even allow me to
    > change the drivers. And since i can't get XP to recognize the phone,
    > MPT won't even work. Anybody have the same problem?

    Run Live Update on MPT to get the 3.19e latest version. That might solve
    it for you.

    From:bb7chan
    bb7chan@yahoo.com

    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I just installed Mobile Phone Tools 3.11 on windows XP at home. I
    > plugged in my phone and XP didn't recognize it and asked me for some
    > drivers. I selected a driver which I downloaded off the internet. It
    > worked and MPT was able to recognize the phone. However, when I try to
    > do the same on my work computer (also XP) nothing seems to work. When
    > I plug it in, it sort of recognizes the phone to be some generic
    > motorola phone which says "not configured properly". It won't even
    > allow me to change the drivers. And since i can't get XP to recognize
    > the phone, MPT won't even work. Anybody have the same problem?

    I got mine from here, originally, windows XP got no driver for my v180,
    just wondering how your windows xp already got driver for you phone.
    the driver i got from link belown just works great with my V180 and
    V220 in windows XP.

    http://tinyurl.com/6zpsu=

    oh, I am using MPT version 3.19e1. Does that make any difference?

    --
    homeless-dude

    Homeless-dude
    that link is no longer avilable. I think it should be this one.

    http://tinyurl.com/5eh5z

    --
    X-rated

    Can Anyone post or email me a copy of motorola mobile phone tools.
    Thanks in advance, jimpennjr :)

    --
    jimpennjr523

    I would really appreciate this as well :-))
    TIA

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:59:22 -0600, jimpennjr523
    <jimpennjr523.1m1s9y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    >Can Anyone post or email me a copy of motorola mobile phone tools.
    >Thanks in advance, jimpennjr :)

Motorola Phones Drivers Windows XP