V220 XP DRIVERS AND MPT

Last response: in Brands
a b \ Driver
January 25, 2005 2:02:25 PM

Hello Everyone,

I just installed Mobile Phone Tools 3.11 on windows XP at home. I
plugged in my phone and XP didn't recognize it and asked me for some
drivers. I selected a driver which I downloaded off the internet. It
worked and MPT was able to recognize the phone. However, when I try to
do the same on my work computer (also XP) nothing seems to work. When I
plug it in, it sort of recognizes the phone to be some generic motorola
phone which says "not configured properly". It won't even allow me to
change the drivers. And since i can't get XP to recognize the phone,
MPT won't even work. Anybody have the same problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

More about : v220 drivers mpt

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 25, 2005 8:09:00 PM

Yes, I do have admin rights. It's not an issue of permissions. The
computer recognizes other devices that I plug in via the USB port.
However, with the V220 phone, it thinks it has the right drivers even
though it doesn't. It will not let me choose the right drivers. It's
not MPT that's screwing up...just the XP drivers for the phone.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 25, 2005 8:09:01 PM

Yes, I do have admin rights. It's not an issue of permissions. The
computer recognizes other devices that I plug in via the USB port.
However, with the V220 phone, it thinks it has the right drivers even
though it doesn't. It will not let me choose the right drivers. It's
not MPT that's screwing up...just the XP drivers for the phone.
a b \ Driver
January 25, 2005 10:07:36 PM

If it's your work computer , I have to ask, do you have admin rights?
because frequently work computers are "locked down" so novices such as
yourself can't install illegal or non-work related software on a pc that
isn't yours!

"bb7chan" <bb7chan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I just installed Mobile Phone Tools 3.11 on windows XP at home. I
> plugged in my phone and XP didn't recognize it and asked me for some
> drivers. I selected a driver which I downloaded off the internet. It
> worked and MPT was able to recognize the phone. However, when I try to
> do the same on my work computer (also XP) nothing seems to work. When I
> plug it in, it sort of recognizes the phone to be some generic motorola
> phone which says "not configured properly". It won't even allow me to
> change the drivers. And since i can't get XP to recognize the phone,
> MPT won't even work. Anybody have the same problem?

a b \ Driver
January 25, 2005 10:09:08 PM

Run Live Update on MPT to get the 3.19e latest version. That might solve
it for you.

From:bb7chan
bb7chan@yahoo.com

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I just installed Mobile Phone Tools 3.11 on windows XP at home. I
> plugged in my phone and XP didn't recognize it and asked me for some
> drivers. I selected a driver which I downloaded off the internet. It
> worked and MPT was able to recognize the phone. However, when I try to
> do the same on my work computer (also XP) nothing seems to work. When
> I plug it in, it sort of recognizes the phone to be some generic
> motorola phone which says "not configured properly". It won't even
> allow me to change the drivers. And since i can't get XP to recognize
> the phone, MPT won't even work. Anybody have the same problem?
a b \ Driver
March 12, 2005 6:25:34 AM

I got mine from here, originally, windows XP got no driver for my v180,
just wondering how your windows xp already got driver for you phone.
the driver i got from link belown just works great with my V180 and
V220 in windows XP.

http://tinyurl.com/6zpsu=

oh, I am using MPT version 3.19e1. Does that make any difference?

--
homeless-dude
a b \ Driver

Can Anyone post or email me a copy of motorola mobile phone tools.
Thanks in advance, jimpennjr :)

--
jimpennjr523
a b \ Driver

I would really appreciate this as well :-))
TIA

!