Westell 7500 router for century link

cskeese

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
I bought a Westell 7500 router off ebay to replace the same router provided by century link as I was trying to avoid rental fees. My computer recognizes there is a signal, but I can't get the internet to connect. Does anyone know of settings I should change? The router I purchased was configured to at&t service. I have Century link. Century link won't help me because it isn't their router. Thanks

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
When you log into the main setup page of the router does it show good dsl signal and a IP address and that PPP is connected.

Errors in the dsl signal are something the ISP will need to help you with. The PPP needs to have the proper user/account and password defined.

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
The main screen of the router should show your status. If it says DSL connected but internet NOT CONNECTED it means there is a problem with the userid and password.

If both are connected then you have a problem on the lan side of things. Too many options to even guess which is wrong but pretty much it is start with a wired connection and see if you get a ip and can ping the router. Mostly its go back to the manual and follow the setup procedure to find what you missed.