    the same thing, an unlocked Cingular, and it works fine on TMo.

    From:tushargarg729@yahoo.com
    tushargarg729@yahoo.com

    > I just bought a new unlocked Motorola RAZR from ebay. I want to sign
    > up for t-zones but not sure if it will work with an unlocked RAZR
    > since it is a CIngular only product right now. THe question is, if i
    > sign up for t-zones, will it show it on my phone as an icon and be
    > usable? Thanks in advance

    That's right... either the icon or the dedicated button right above the
    send button.

    From:tushargarg729@yahoo.com
    tushargarg729@yahoo.com

    > just press the WebAccess icon and i am good to go? thanks for your
    > time

    How long did it take you for T-Zones to go live?

    They said up to 3 days but it came up overnight. Initially I coudn't
    access several areas but a call to tech support (which had to go up to
    Advanced Tech Support) took care of that.
    Look in Settings: Web Access: Web Sessions and when you see "T-Zones
    GPRS" with a lock to the right and a check to the left you should be up
    and running.

    From:tushargarg729@yahoo.com
    tushargarg729@yahoo.com

    > How long did it take you for T-Zones to go live?

    OT

    How much did it cost you?

    <tushargarg729@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I just bought a new unlocked Motorola RAZR from ebay. I want to sign
    > up for t-zones but not sure if it will work with an unlocked RAZR since
    > it is a CIngular only product right now. THe question is, if i sign up
    > for t-zones, will it show it on my phone as an icon and be usable?
    > Thanks in advance

    the phone? 550 of ebay
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    t-mobile said i can do everything but download ringtones from t-zones
    using the RAZR. is this the case with you too?
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    I haven't tried to d/l ringtones from TMo since I can make an MP3 of
    whatever I want but as far as full functionality of the phone on TMo,
    yes, I have TZones, SMS & MMS messaging and can even make and receive
    calls! I use BT to upload games and apps and MPT to backup my phonebook,
    move pictures and install ringtones. All works 100%. The Razr is the
    first phone I've ever REALLY liked a lot.

    From:tushargarg729@yahoo.com
    tushargarg729@yahoo.com

    > t-mobile said i can do everything but download ringtones from t-zones
    > using the RAZR. is this the case with you too?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    BruceR Wrote:
    > I haven't tried to d/l ringtones from TMo since I can make an MP3 of
    > whatever I want but as far as full functionality of the phone on TMo,
    > yes, I have TZones, SMS & MMS messaging and can even make and receive
    > calls! I use BT to upload games and apps and MPT to backup my
    > phonebook,
    > move pictures and install ringtones. All works 100%. The Razr is the
    > first phone I've ever REALLY liked a lot.
    >
    > From:tushargarg729@yahoo.com
    > tushargarg729@yahoo.com
    >
    > > t-mobile said i can do everything but download ringtones from
    > t-zones
    > > using the RAZR. is this the case with you too?

    hey bruce, i need some help setting up MMS on my V3. I had no problem
    getting t-zones to work using their over-the-air configurator, but when
    I try to use the same auto setup for MMS my phone says there's already a
    configuration and it can't store another one. I tried going in and
    erasing any MMS config but can't find anything.
    any help would be appreciated!

    --
    idealrides
    idealrides's Profile: http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=70569

    If I go to Menu:Settings:WebSessions, there is an entry for MMS that's
    the original Cingular one. BUT, there is also a downloaded and locked
    entry for "Picture Messaging" that showed up after the d/l. If you can't
    get it from the website call TMo and they'll send it. While they don't
    sell the v3, they do have the info to make it work on TMo.

    From:idealrides
    idealrides.1k0tvz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    > BruceR Wrote:
    >> I haven't tried to d/l ringtones from TMo since I can make an MP3 of
    >> whatever I want but as far as full functionality of the phone on TMo,
    >> yes, I have TZones, SMS & MMS messaging and can even make and receive
    >> calls! I use BT to upload games and apps and MPT to backup my
    >> phonebook,
    >> move pictures and install ringtones. All works 100%. The Razr is the
    >> first phone I've ever REALLY liked a lot.
    >>
    >> From:tushargarg729@yahoo.com
    >> tushargarg729@yahoo.com
    >>
    >>> t-mobile said i can do everything but download ringtones from
    >>> t-zones using the RAZR. is this the case with you too?
    >
    > hey bruce, i need some help setting up MMS on my V3. I had no problem
    > getting t-zones to work using their over-the-air configurator, but
    > when I try to use the same auto setup for MMS my phone says there's
    > already a configuration and it can't store another one. I tried
    > going in and erasing any MMS config but can't find anything.
    > any help would be appreciated!
    >

    > --
    > idealrides
    > idealrides's Profile:
    > http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=70569
    > View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t165055
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Sort of a related question,

    I'd like to use my new Cingular locked RAZR V3 on
    T-Mo's system.

    I do HAVE the subsidy unlock code for the phone.

    Question - how the &$##@* do you enter it to make
    it unlock the phone ???

    Is a "test" SIM card required ? Do I put in a T-Mo
    SIM and enter the subsidy unlock code ? or is some
    specific service center hardware needed (ie.a "clip")
    to unlock it ??

    With all the noise regarding "unlocking" these
    things, nowhere is there any information on HOW
    to unlock it if you do have the proper subsidy
    unlock code.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    bruce, ok thanks i'm in that menu... now i see i already have 7 entries
    including the locked T-Zones GPRS entry, which does work. Now I assume
    you have a seperate entry for t-mobile MMS, can you give me the settings
    from this entry? I can't seem to delete any of the old entries that
    came on the phone in order to get the OTA to work, so I figure it must
    be done manually. Thanks!

    BruceR Wrote:
    > If I go to Menu:Settings:WebSessions, there is an entry for MMS that's
    > the original Cingular one. BUT, there is also a downloaded and locked
    > entry for "Picture Messaging" that showed up after the d/l. If you
    > can't
    > get it from the website call TMo and they'll send it. While they don't
    > sell the v3, they do have the info to make it work on TMo.
    >

    > > hey bruce, i need some help setting up MMS on my V3. I had no
    > problem
    > > getting t-zones to work using their over-the-air configurator, but
    > > when I try to use the same auto setup for MMS my phone says there's
    > > already a configuration and it can't store another one. I tried
    > > going in and erasing any MMS config but can't find anything.
    > > any help would be appreciated!

    --
    idealrides
    idealrides's Profile: http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=70569
    View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t165055
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Go to a TMo store and they'll do it for you when you sign up.

    From:XLR8
    XLR8@C5.Z06.net.org

    > Sort of a related question,
    >
    > I'd like to use my new Cingular locked RAZR V3 on
    > T-Mo's system.
    >
    > I do HAVE the subsidy unlock code for the phone.
    >
    > Question - how the &$##@* do you enter it to make
    > it unlock the phone ???
    >
    > Is a "test" SIM card required ? Do I put in a T-Mo
    > SIM and enter the subsidy unlock code ? or is some
    > specific service center hardware needed (ie.a "clip")
    > to unlock it ??
    >
    > With all the noise regarding "unlocking" these
    > things, nowhere is there any information on HOW
    > to unlock it if you do have the proper subsidy
    > unlock code.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Is this some kind of "secret" ? or are you just
    being a dick that doesn't really know how, and feel
    you have to chime in with a wiseass comment ?

    what if i don't want to "sign up" ? who the hell
    are you ? another navas clone ?

    question was specific - what's the procedure ?,
    if you don't know it, do what your mother probably
    didn't teach you - say nothing.

    "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > Go to a TMo store and they'll do it for you when you sign up.
    >
    > From:XLR8
    > XLR8@C5.Z06.net.org
    >
    > > Sort of a related question,
    > >
    > > I'd like to use my new Cingular locked RAZR V3 on
    > > T-Mo's system.
    > >
    > > I do HAVE the subsidy unlock code for the phone.
    > >
    > > Question - how the &$##@* do you enter it to make
    > > it unlock the phone ???
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    My MMS settings were sent by TMo and are locked. I copied it to another
    name and was able to open it to see what's in there & here's what I
    found:

    Name: PictureMessaging
    Homepage: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Svc Type 1: WAP
    Gtwy IP 1: 216.155.165.50
    Port 1: 9201
    Svc Type 2: WAP
    Gtwy IP 2: 216.155.165.50
    Port 2: 9201
    Timeout: 15 min
    GPRS APN: wap.voicestream.com

    All other fields were blank or zeros.

    If this doesn't work call TMo and they can send it to you.

    From:idealrides
    idealrides.1k1w30@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

    > bruce, ok thanks i'm in that menu... now i see i already have 7
    > entries including the locked T-Zones GPRS entry, which does work.
    > Now I assume you have a seperate entry for t-mobile MMS, can you give
    > me the settings from this entry? I can't seem to delete any of the
    > old entries that came on the phone in order to get the OTA to work,
    > so I figure it must be done manually. Thanks!
    >

    > BruceR Wrote:
    >> If I go to Menu:Settings:WebSessions, there is an entry for MMS
    >> that's the original Cingular one. BUT, there is also a downloaded
    >> and locked entry for "Picture Messaging" that showed up after the
    >> d/l. If you can't
    >> get it from the website call TMo and they'll send it. While they
    >> don't sell the v3, they do have the info to make it work on TMo.
    >>

    >>> hey bruce, i need some help setting up MMS on my V3. I had no
    >>> problem getting t-zones to work using their over-the-air
    >>> configurator, but when I try to use the same auto setup for MMS my
    >>> phone says there's already a configuration and it can't store
    >>> another one. I tried going in and erasing any MMS config but can't
    >>> find anything.
    >>> any help would be appreciated!
    >>

    > --
    > idealrides
    > idealrides's Profile:
    > http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=70569
    > View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t165055
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Wow. Thanks. This works great. BUT! ...

    How come this GPRS APN does not work for AIM? In the Off-line Setup
    screen, if you enter that in your ISP Settings GPRS SPN AIM cannot seem
    to connect.

    Any ideas?

    On 2005-02-06 17:14:30 -0500, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> said:

    > My MMS settings were sent by TMo and are locked. I copied it to another
    > name and was able to open it to see what's in there & here's what I
    > found:
    >
    > Name: PictureMessaging
    > Homepage: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    > Svc Type 1: WAP
    > Gtwy IP 1: 216.155.165.50
    > Port 1: 9201
    > Svc Type 2: WAP
    > Gtwy IP 2: 216.155.165.50
    > Port 2: 9201
    > Timeout: 15 min
    > GPRS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    >
    > All other fields were blank or zeros.
    >
    > If this doesn't work call TMo and they can send it to you.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    I'll have to defer to others on that one as I don't use AIM.

    From:Erik Hammond
    erik@gearmagazine.com

    > Wow. Thanks. This works great. BUT! ...
    >
    > How come this GPRS APN does not work for AIM? In the Off-line Setup
    > screen, if you enter that in your ISP Settings GPRS SPN AIM cannot
    > seem to connect.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >

    > On 2005-02-06 17:14:30 -0500, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> said:
    >
    >> My MMS settings were sent by TMo and are locked. I copied it to
    >> another name and was able to open it to see what's in there & here's
    >> what I found:
    >>
    >> Name: PictureMessaging
    >> Homepage: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    >> Svc Type 1: WAP
    >> Gtwy IP 1: 216.155.165.50
    >> Port 1: 9201
    >> Svc Type 2: WAP
    >> Gtwy IP 2: 216.155.165.50
    >> Port 2: 9201
    >> Timeout: 15 min
    >> GPRS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    >>
    >> All other fields were blank or zeros.
    >>
    >> If this doesn't work call TMo and they can send it to you.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    I tried this setting on my V3 and it said 404, page cannot be found. Any
    ideas what's wrong? Thx.

    > My MMS settings were sent by TMo and are locked. I copied it to another
    > name and was able to open it to see what's in there & here's what I
    > found:
    >
    > Name: PictureMessaging
    > Homepage: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    > Svc Type 1: WAP
    > Gtwy IP 1: 216.155.165.50
    > Port 1: 9201
    > Svc Type 2: WAP
    > Gtwy IP 2: 216.155.165.50
    > Port 2: 9201
    > Timeout: 15 min
    > GPRS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    >
    > All other fields were blank or zeros.
    >
    > If this doesn't work call TMo and they can send it to you.
    >

    > From:idealrides
    > idealrides.1k1w30@nospam.cellphoneforums.net
    >
    > > bruce, ok thanks i'm in that menu... now i see i already have 7
    > > entries including the locked T-Zones GPRS entry, which does work.
    > > Now I assume you have a seperate entry for t-mobile MMS, can you give
    > > me the settings from this entry? I can't seem to delete any of the
    > > old entries that came on the phone in order to get the OTA to work,
    > > so I figure it must be done manually. Thanks!
    > >

    > > BruceR Wrote:
    > >> If I go to Menu:Settings:WebSessions, there is an entry for MMS
    > >> that's the original Cingular one. BUT, there is also a downloaded
    > >> and locked entry for "Picture Messaging" that showed up after the
    > >> d/l. If you can't
    > >> get it from the website call TMo and they'll send it. While they
    > >> don't sell the v3, they do have the info to make it work on TMo.

    > > --
    > > idealrides
    > > idealrides's Profile:
    > > http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=70569