thecaptain150

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Hi,

I cant seem to access a webpage. I have 2 computer hooked up to a router and the router to a cable modem. One computer works fine and the other all of the sudden stopped being able to access the web. It says I have a connection but internet explorer and firefox can pull anything up. On bottom right it says local area connection is connected but another one says local are connection4 network cable unplugged. all cables are fine and network adapter says its working properly.. any suggestions? I made sure my windows firewall is not blocking it and I tried deleting browsing history, addons. Thanks

thecaptain150

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Hi

The configuration is both computers are hooked into the router and the router is connected to the modem an the modem the wall. Yes all worked fine with that configuration. The last thing I did was Dow load iTunes and it was working fine after that then I woke up the next day and it wouldn't connect. Not sure what is firmware?

RealBeast

Titan
Firmware is sort of like the bios of the router, and apparently that is not the issue.

Occasionally, the Bonjour service that iTunes installs can displace your network connection. You can turn it off in services. Here is a detailed step by step on how to do that to fix the issue: http://ssatish.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/unidentified-network-error-windows-7/