MN-700 needs to be re-set all the time...

dre

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi-
I have just set up the microsoft wireless network with
the MN-700 and MN-720 on my laptop, and Ethernet cable to
my desktop. Both machines running XP professional and the
base station is connected to the interned via Cisco DSL
router. I have upgraded the base station firmware with
the most recent patches from Redmond, however I am losing
connectivity to the internet about two - three times a
day. The only way I can get the internet back is to reset
the base station. Does anyone have or has had a similar
problem? I would greatly appreciate ideas on what I can
do to solve this annoying problem.

Many thanks
Dre

Try to clone the IP of the PC that was originally
connected to the ISP into the MN700

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

I believe you would clone the MAC Address, not the IP
address.

Yes, I have the same problem. I have created a clunky
script that restarts (software) the router to enable the
connection again. I have scheduled the script to run every
morning so the first time a client tried to connect it can
without problems. I have found that if the machine
hybernates and them is brought back up, it will show (in
the pop up bubble) it is reconnected but will not actually
be connected (No DHCP address will be renewed). I have
had long conversations with support that did not help....
I have tried different encryption, no encryption etc to
not avail. It seems that the wpa/psk seems to hold a
connection best.
I can't believe this is a microsoft product..