Using a Motorola v180 as a modem with laptop

If i want to use my v180 as a modem with my laptop, using the usb data
cable, do i have to subscribe to cingular's web package?

i have my own ISP dial-up provider, so can I simply dial that number to
access the internet on my laptop via the cell phone?

This is what I have:

Mobile PhoneTools version 3.0 software CD plus Mini USB Cable - 98654H
THanks,

bj
2 answers Last reply
More about using motorola v180 modem laptop

    You will have to sign up for a service (I think it was $4 / month when I
    checked) ... I don't remember the name. I was hoping to do the same thing
    but it wasn't worth paying the monthly fee because I already have a modem in
    the laptop and dial-up with a national ISP.

    ___________________
    Ann
    Motorola V551
    iPAQ 4355

    iPAQ 3850
    <casualpipesmoker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If i want to use my v180 as a modem with my laptop, using the usb data
    > cable, do i have to subscribe to cingular's web package?
    >
    > i have my own ISP dial-up provider, so can I simply dial that number to
    > access the internet on my laptop via the cell phone?
    >
    > This is what I have:
    >
    > Mobile PhoneTools version 3.0 software CD plus Mini USB Cable - 98654H
    > THanks,
    >
    > bj

    Service called CSD I think.
    ___________________
    Ann
    Motorola V551
    iPAQ 4355
    iPAQ 3850

    <casualpipesmoker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If i want to use my v180 as a modem with my laptop, using the usb data
    > cable, do i have to subscribe to cingular's web package?
    >
    > i have my own ISP dial-up provider, so can I simply dial that number to
    > access the internet on my laptop via the cell phone?
    >
    > This is what I have:
    >
    > Mobile PhoneTools version 3.0 software CD plus Mini USB Cable - 98654H
    > THanks,
    >
    > bj

Motorola Laptops Modem