Using a Motorola v180 as a modem with laptop

Last response: in Brands
a b D Laptop
January 28, 2005 9:40:43 AM

If i want to use my v180 as a modem with my laptop, using the usb data
cable, do i have to subscribe to cingular's web package?

i have my own ISP dial-up provider, so can I simply dial that number to
access the internet on my laptop via the cell phone?

This is what I have:

Mobile PhoneTools version 3.0 software CD plus Mini USB Cable - 98654H
THanks,

bj
January 29, 2005 2:19:13 AM

You will have to sign up for a service (I think it was $4 / month when I
checked) ... I don't remember the name. I was hoping to do the same thing
but it wasn't worth paying the monthly fee because I already have a modem in
the laptop and dial-up with a national ISP.

___________________
Ann
Motorola V551
iPAQ 4355

iPAQ 3850
<casualpipesmoker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If i want to use my v180 as a modem with my laptop, using the usb data
> cable, do i have to subscribe to cingular's web package?
>
> i have my own ISP dial-up provider, so can I simply dial that number to
> access the internet on my laptop via the cell phone?
>
> This is what I have:
>
> Mobile PhoneTools version 3.0 software CD plus Mini USB Cable - 98654H
> THanks,
>
> bj

January 29, 2005 2:20:24 AM

Service called CSD I think.