Tags:
  • Sleep Mode
  • Computers
  • Monitors
  • Windows 8
  • Power
Last response: in Windows 8
February 21, 2013 8:12:46 PM

So I've had my computer for about a month and I had the power settings to turn off monitor and computer to sleep after 5 minutes and it worked flawlessly. As of yesterday now though, after the 5 minutes is up the monitor will shut off but the computer wont initiate sleep. The computer stays awake, and only about %20 of the time it will actually sleep now. I can manually make it sleep by clicking on sleep but it won't auto sleep anymore rarely. I haven't changed anything on the computer at all, why is it doing this and how do I fix it so that it sleeps like it should under power options? Thanks.

More about : windows sleep mode problem

Best solution

a b C Monitor
a b * Windows 8
June 27, 2013 3:09:17 PM

Hello beaverking

It seems that some application has modified the settings or has some conflicts with the OS default configuration.

It is a good idea to restore your computer to an earlier restore point and see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know if this helps.
November 13, 2013 10:04:00 AM

To fix this issue you can follow these steps:
Method 1: Run the power troubleshooter. Follow these steps:
a) Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.
b) Type Troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
c) Click system and security and run the power troubleshooter.
Method 2: Update the latest chipset drivers from the manufacturer’s website. If Windows 8 drivers are not available, you can install Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode. Follow these steps:
a) Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.
b) Type compatibility in the search box and then press enter.
c) Click “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” option from the list appeared in the left side.
d) Select the drivers and install.
Method 3: Change the “Power plans” settings.
A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings (like display, sleep, etc.) that manages how your PC uses power. The power plans you can use depend on the kind of PC you have.
Click on the below given link to know “How to create and delete a power plan”.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/power-plan...
Method 4:
Ensure to enable the option of Allow this device to wake the computer for the Mouse.
a) Press “Windows +R” key on the keyboard to open Run command.
b) Now type devmgmt.msc in the search files and programs field.
c) At the device manager screen, right click on the Mice and other pointing devices.
d) Select properties.
e) Now you have to click on power management tab.
f) Now check mark Allow this device to wake the computer.
m
l