Sign in with
Your question

How to fix blue screen of death error on windows 7 at startup?

Last response: in Windows 7
May 19, 2012 2:39:39 PM

Today, my computer was booting up. It was taking a little too long, so i restarted. When i did, right after the loading screen my computer crashed and the BSOD (blue screen of death) error popped up. I cant access safe mode and i have constantly tried to check memory errors, i restored windows, and ran CHKDSK, all leading to the same problem. Here is the error code/ technical information;
*** STOP: 0X0000007B 9OXFFFFF880009A97E8, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

It is a fairly new Cyberpower GXi210 computer, and was running fine.
a b $ Windows 7
May 19, 2012 3:32:29 PM

There may actually be an update that is installing automatically, that is corrupting the start up.
There are certain updates that will not run on certain computers.
When you restore, it runs again, but then automatically updates, and corrupts again.
Does this sound like what might be occurring?

Restore the system again, and after it runs, turn the automatic updates OFF. OR disconnect from the internet, to prevent updates, until you have turned them off.

Now find out if this is what is occurring, by testing.
m
l
May 19, 2012 4:28:37 PM

soundguruman said:
There may actually be an update that is installing automatically, that is corrupting the start up.
When you restore, it runs again, but then automatically updates, and corrupts again.

Restore the system again, and after it runs, turn the automatic updates OFF. OR disconnect from the internet, to prevent updates, until you have turned them off.

Maybe when it was booting up and installing updates when i turned it off. I restored it multiple times and rebooted with the internet off, but no success so far.
m
l
Related resources
May 19, 2012 4:50:51 PM

soundguruman said:

So i was restoring from a different restore and this error popped up:
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x8000ffff)

*Note* I am using a different computer
m
l
May 19, 2012 5:26:12 PM

Have you tried Startup Repair?
m
l
May 19, 2012 7:26:34 PM

Onlyusemeisaac said:
Have you tried Startup Repair?

tried everything in startup repair
m
l
November 30, 2012 10:35:20 PM

:cry:  Ive got the same problem... done the startup repair, disk check tried to use the repair disk nothing has helped this pc is only 3 months old :cry: 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 31, 2013 1:10:44 AM

With ntldr missing you won't get BSOD but a simple message indicating that Ntldr is missing. Pl try to go with fresh installation. If it does not work out, pl contact your supplier for tech support as your system is relatively new. Most of the times, this BSOD is because of issue with RAM or IRQ settings.
m
l
December 31, 2013 8:08:03 AM

it doesn't sound like a software or windows error, it sounds more like a hardware error, so there might be a faulty chip on the board or some piece of hardware that is conflicting with another piece, I would recommend taking it back to the store that you purchased it from.
m
l
April 27, 2014 7:39:53 AM

hi my laptop done a weird thing yesterday my resetting itself to a temporary profile and had to create a new user yesterday and today it had a blue screen while logging on to my new user account i used startup repair done some fixes but not the blue screen anyone know some suggests?
m
l
September 16, 2014 8:00:19 PM

resore bios defaults i just had to fix the issue and thats what worked
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
9 minutes ago

bugcheck 7b is INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

but this is a very old thread, you should start a new one if you want help.
m
l
!