I bought an Acer Aspire 5530 (os-w7) from online. All were working great during the initial set up.
But when i turned it off and then turned it on on the next day i received this message saying start up repair (recommended) and the other one is start windows normally. So what i did was i chose start up repair and it took so long before windows showed up. The windoes just showed up, nothing happened, it freeze. I tried it many times but same result. Can you tell me what is the problem of my laptop?
You can run startup repair to troubleshoot startup issues.
1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer using the computer's power button.
2. Do one of the following:
· If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
· If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.
3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter. (If Repair your computer isn't listed as an option, then your computer doesn't include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator has turned them off.)
4. Select a keyboard layout, and then click Next.
5. On the System Recovery Options menu, click a Startup Repair tool to open it.
For additional information:
What are the system recovery options in Windows 7?