Oktava MK012 / MC012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I seem to recall someone stating that the MC012 designation was for
mics from the Sound Room. Is this correct? Thanks mucho!

Steve

In article <u5k5p01ukdqb86r0q3b47bhhe6ge32jfgl@4ax.com>,
haligonab <stevieb_@t_iglou.com> wrote:
>I seem to recall someone stating that the MC012 designation was for
>mics from the Sound Room. Is this correct? Thanks mucho!

Sort of. The Cyrillic K is often transliterated as a C. Some of the
importers (including the Sound Room) have them marked with the
transliteration. Some of them (including McKay) do not.
--scott

On 11 Nov 2004 10:30:07 -0500, kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>In article <u5k5p01ukdqb86r0q3b47bhhe6ge32jfgl@4ax.com>,
>haligonab <stevieb_@t_iglou.com> wrote:
>>I seem to recall someone stating that the MC012 designation was for
>>mics from the Sound Room. Is this correct? Thanks mucho!
>
>Sort of. The Cyrillic K is often transliterated as a C. Some of the
>importers (including the Sound Room) have them marked with the
>transliteration. Some of them (including McKay) do not.
>--scott

I've gotten two different pairs from the soundroom a couple of years
apart (for 2 different studios) and the 1st pair was marked Oktava
MC-012, but the 2nd pair was marked Okraba MK-012A-01.

I thought it wierd that the Soundroom sent two completely different
sets of markings out, but I have noticed nothing wrong with either
set.

,
frenchy