Windows 7 just shuts down

Okay, so this morning I got Windows 7 64bit installed, for some reason my computer just shutdowns itself either on login screen or after I have logged in. The PC is pre built. I don't know why it doing this, the longest it been on is 10 minutes than shuts down. Any help?
4 answers Last reply
More about windows shuts down
  1. Just so I understand you correctly. You installed a fresh copy of windows 7 this morning and prior to the installation you had no problems with random shut downs?
  2. skaz said:
    Just so I understand you correctly. You installed a fresh copy of windows 7 this morning and prior to the installation you had no problems with random shut downs?

No nothing, the installation was successful.
  3. Enter you BIOS, check your temperatures. Make sure all hardware is properly connected and seated correctly including SATA cables, RAM modules, and power connectors.
  4. shaunw50 said:
    Okay, so this morning I got Windows 7 64bit installed, for some reason my computer just shutdowns itself either on login screen or after I have logged in. The PC is pre built. I don't know why it doing this, the longest it been on is 10 minutes than shuts down. Any help?

goto view event logs.
    in the left panel
    windows logs -> System
    find the time corresponding your last shutdown.. and post it here
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Login Computers