Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 just shuts down

Last response: in Windows 7
May 19, 2012 4:20:29 PM

Okay, so this morning I got Windows 7 64bit installed, for some reason my computer just shutdowns itself either on login screen or after I have logged in. The PC is pre built. I don't know why it doing this, the longest it been on is 10 minutes than shuts down. Any help?

More about : windows shuts

a b $ Windows 7
May 19, 2012 4:39:05 PM

Just so I understand you correctly. You installed a fresh copy of windows 7 this morning and prior to the installation you had no problems with random shut downs?

m
l
May 19, 2012 4:42:45 PM

skaz said:
Just so I understand you correctly. You installed a fresh copy of windows 7 this morning and prior to the installation you had no problems with random shut downs?

No nothing, the installation was successful.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 19, 2012 6:01:59 PM

Enter you BIOS, check your temperatures. Make sure all hardware is properly connected and seated correctly including SATA cables, RAM modules, and power connectors.
m
l
May 20, 2012 1:49:40 PM

shaunw50 said:
Okay, so this morning I got Windows 7 64bit installed, for some reason my computer just shutdowns itself either on login screen or after I have logged in. The PC is pre built. I don't know why it doing this, the longest it been on is 10 minutes than shuts down. Any help?

goto view event logs.
in the left panel
windows logs -> System
find the time corresponding your last shutdown.. and post it here
m
l
!