I bought a USB cable for my V180 but can't find software t..

Last response: in Brands
January 30, 2005 8:20:43 PM

I found this cheap USB cable to connect my V180 phone to my computer.
The ad for the cable said I could download free software to sync it
with my computer. After getting the cable I can't find the free
software. I tried returning the cable, but I get no response from the
company despite the fact that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Anyway, I could just call the $17 a loss, but I thought I would give
this group a shot. Is there some free way to use my cable? I just
want to load names and phone numbers on it, and maybe a fun ringtone.
- Bobby
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 9:23:34 PM

In article <1107134443.514208.304530@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
bdurrettccci@yahoo.com wrote:

> Anyway, I could just call the $17 a loss, but I thought I would give
> this group a shot. Is there some free way to use my cable? I just
> want to load names and phone numbers on it, and maybe a fun ringtone.

What OS are you using?

January 31, 2005 7:04:16 AM

http://www.datapilot.com/ Not ready yet
http://www.futuredial.com/ Not ready yet
http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/Product...

The last one is made for motorola and does work on address book, email, etc
However, it does not transfer pictures or sound as of yet

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> In article <1107134443.514208.304530@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> bdurrettccci@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I could just call the $17 a loss, but I thought I would give
>> this group a shot. Is there some free way to use my cable? I just
>> want to load names and phone numbers on it, and maybe a fun ringtone.
>
> What OS are you using?
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
Related resources
January 31, 2005 7:11:39 PM

<bdurrettccci@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I found this cheap USB cable to connect my V180 phone to my computer.
> The ad for the cable said I could download free software to sync it
> with my computer. After getting the cable I can't find the free
> software. I tried returning the cable, but I get no response from the
> company despite the fact that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I very recently started using the V180 and was surprised to find that the
same USB cable that is used on my GPS also works on the V180. So I went
searching for the appropriate driver & software. Here's what I did:

Downloaded the USB driver from here & installed:

http://motorolac.wz.cz/indexe.php?str=downloade

I found the following forum information at:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/141767

Go to here for the software:

http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/Motorola.Mobile.Phone...

This works for the V180 and allows transferring pictures, ring tones and
synchronization.

You'll probably need to insall the correct archiving utitlity for the above.
It can be found at:

http://www.ultimatezip.com

This all worked fine for me and I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2. Good
Luck.
January 31, 2005 8:01:11 PM

This is good information. I used the cable from my digital camera for the
V180 and then downloaded the DataPilot software. I had to pay for the
download but saved on not having to buy the cable.

"qwerty" <nospam@all.noway.com> wrote in message

> <bdurrettccci@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I found this cheap USB cable to connect my V180 phone to my computer.
>> The ad for the cable said I could download free software to sync it
>> with my computer. After getting the cable I can't find the free
>> software. I tried returning the cable, but I get no response from the
>> company despite the fact that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
>
> I very recently started using the V180 and was surprised to find that the
> same USB cable that is used on my GPS also works on the V180. So I went
> searching for the appropriate driver & software. Here's what I did:
>

> Downloaded the USB driver from here & installed:
>
> http://motorolac.wz.cz/indexe.php?str=downloade
>
> I found the following forum information at:
>
> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/141767
>
> Go to here for the software:
>
> http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/Motorola.Mobile.Phone...
>
> This works for the V180 and allows transferring pictures, ring tones and
> synchronization.
>
> You'll probably need to insall the correct archiving utitlity for the
> above. It can be found at:
>
> http://www.ultimatezip.com
>

> This all worked fine for me and I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2. Good
> Luck.

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 12:50:16 PM

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I'll give these things a try and
let you know how it goes.

- Bobby

SP wrote:
> This is good information. I used the cable from my digital camera for
the
> V180 and then downloaded the DataPilot software. I had to pay for the

> download but saved on not having to buy the cable.
>
> "qwerty" <nospam@all.noway.com> wrote in message
> >
> > <bdurrettccci@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>I found this cheap USB cable to connect my V180 phone to my
computer.
> >> The ad for the cable said I could download free software to sync
it
> >> with my computer. After getting the cable I can't find the free
> >> software. I tried returning the cable, but I get no response from
the
> >> company despite the fact that they have a 100% satisfaction
guarantee.

> > I very recently started using the V180 and was surprised to find
that the
> > same USB cable that is used on my GPS also works on the V180. So I
went
> > searching for the appropriate driver & software. Here's what I
did:

> > Downloaded the USB driver from here & installed:
> >
> > http://motorolac.wz.cz/indexe.php?str=downloade
> >
> > I found the following forum information at:
> >
> > http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/141767
> >
> > Go to here for the software:

http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/Motorola.Mobile.Phone...

> > This works for the V180 and allows transferring pictures, ring
tones and
> > synchronization.
> >
> > You'll probably need to insall the correct archiving utitlity for
the
> > above. It can be found at:
> >
> > http://www.ultimatezip.com
> >

> > This all worked fine for me and I'm running Windows XP Pro with
SP2. Good
> > Luck.

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 10:55:05 PM