I bought a USB cable for my V180 but can't find software t..

I found this cheap USB cable to connect my V180 phone to my computer.
The ad for the cable said I could download free software to sync it
with my computer. After getting the cable I can't find the free
software. I tried returning the cable, but I get no response from the
company despite the fact that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Anyway, I could just call the $17 a loss, but I thought I would give
this group a shot. Is there some free way to use my cable? I just
want to load names and phone numbers on it, and maybe a fun ringtone.
- Bobby
9 answers Last reply
More about bought cable v180 find software

    In article <1107134443.514208.304530@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    bdurrettccci@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Anyway, I could just call the $17 a loss, but I thought I would give
    > this group a shot. Is there some free way to use my cable? I just
    > want to load names and phone numbers on it, and maybe a fun ringtone.

    What OS are you using?

    http://www.datapilot.com/ Not ready yet
    http://www.futuredial.com/ Not ready yet
    http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=253451&prmenbr=126&accessories_cgrfnbr=22&zipcode=&phoneID=&search_string=27,29&type=260909

    The last one is made for motorola and does work on address book, email, etc
    However, it does not transfer pictures or sound as of yet

    <bdurrettccci@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I found this cheap USB cable to connect my V180 phone to my computer.
    > The ad for the cable said I could download free software to sync it
    > with my computer. After getting the cable I can't find the free
    > software. I tried returning the cable, but I get no response from the
    > company despite the fact that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

    I very recently started using the V180 and was surprised to find that the
    same USB cable that is used on my GPS also works on the V180. So I went
    searching for the appropriate driver & software. Here's what I did:

    Downloaded the USB driver from here & installed:

    http://motorolac.wz.cz/indexe.php?str=downloade

    I found the following forum information at:

    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/141767

    Go to here for the software:

    http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/Motorola.Mobile.PhoneTools.v3.11h.Final.Retail.rar

    This works for the V180 and allows transferring pictures, ring tones and
    synchronization.

    You'll probably need to insall the correct archiving utitlity for the above.
    It can be found at:

    http://www.ultimatezip.com

    This all worked fine for me and I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2. Good
    Luck.

    This is good information. I used the cable from my digital camera for the
    V180 and then downloaded the DataPilot software. I had to pay for the
    download but saved on not having to buy the cable.

    "qwerty" <nospam@all.noway.com> wrote in message

    > <bdurrettccci@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>I found this cheap USB cable to connect my V180 phone to my computer.
    >> The ad for the cable said I could download free software to sync it
    >> with my computer. After getting the cable I can't find the free
    >> software. I tried returning the cable, but I get no response from the
    >> company despite the fact that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
    >
    > I very recently started using the V180 and was surprised to find that the
    > same USB cable that is used on my GPS also works on the V180. So I went
    > searching for the appropriate driver & software. Here's what I did:
    >

    > Downloaded the USB driver from here & installed:
    >
    > http://motorolac.wz.cz/indexe.php?str=downloade
    >
    > I found the following forum information at:
    >
    > http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/141767
    >
    > Go to here for the software:
    >
    > http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/Motorola.Mobile.PhoneTools.v3.11h.Final.Retail.rar
    >
    > This works for the V180 and allows transferring pictures, ring tones and
    > synchronization.
    >
    > You'll probably need to insall the correct archiving utitlity for the
    > above. It can be found at:
    >
    > http://www.ultimatezip.com
    >

    > This all worked fine for me and I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2. Good
    > Luck.

    Thanks to everyone for your replies. I'll give these things a try and
    let you know how it goes.

    - Bobby

    SP wrote:
    > This is good information. I used the cable from my digital camera for
    the
    > V180 and then downloaded the DataPilot software. I had to pay for the

    > download but saved on not having to buy the cable.
    >
    > "qwerty" <nospam@all.noway.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > <bdurrettccci@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >>I found this cheap USB cable to connect my V180 phone to my
    computer.
    > >> The ad for the cable said I could download free software to sync
    it
    > >> with my computer. After getting the cable I can't find the free
    > >> software. I tried returning the cable, but I get no response from
    the
    > >> company despite the fact that they have a 100% satisfaction
    guarantee.

    > > I very recently started using the V180 and was surprised to find
    that the
    > > same USB cable that is used on my GPS also works on the V180. So I
    went
    > > searching for the appropriate driver & software. Here's what I
    did:

    > > Downloaded the USB driver from here & installed:
    > >
    > > http://motorolac.wz.cz/indexe.php?str=downloade
    > >
    > > I found the following forum information at:
    > >
    > > http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/141767
    > >
    > > Go to here for the software:

    http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/Motorola.Mobile.PhoneTools.v3.11h.Final.Retail.rar

    > > This works for the V180 and allows transferring pictures, ring
    tones and
    > > synchronization.
    > >
    > > You'll probably need to insall the correct archiving utitlity for
    the
    > > above. It can be found at:
    > >
    > > http://www.ultimatezip.com
    > >

    > > This all worked fine for me and I'm running Windows XP Pro with
    SP2. Good
    > > Luck.

    It worked. Thanks for the help.

    - Bobby