No ASUS splash screen, can't enter BIOS

m3tric

Honorable
May 5, 2012
So I just finished building my first computer last night, and everything's working great! Just one problem - when I start up, I just get a black screen for 4-5 seconds until the Windows 7 login pops up. There's no splash screen to say press F2 or delete or whatever to enter BIOS.

How do I fix this?

My specs:
i5 3570K (using iGPU until I order a GPU)
Hyper 212 Evo
Asus p8z77-V
GSkill 2x4GB Ripjaws
Crucial M4 256GB (boot)
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Corsair AX750

Monitor: Asus vs248h-p connected w/ VGA

Lian Li PC-60FNWX
----------------------------
EDIT: Okay so I tried just spamming Delete key even though there's nothing on screen and that got me to the BIOS. Isn't there supposed to be an ASUS splash screen? How do I enable that?

Solution
I have the p8z68-v board, and have the same issue.
Its because of iGPU.
I used to be running a dedicated gpu and the splash screen would show up, but I havn't the splash seen it since I sent the card back for RMA. I can still enter bios and everything, it just takes a little while for the cpu/gpu/mobo to get its *** together and give me an image.
Maybe if you switched the default video adapter from PCIE (default) to iGPU, it wouldnt take as long to get a picture.

Max1s

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I have the p8z68-v board, and have the same issue.
Its because of iGPU.
I used to be running a dedicated gpu and the splash screen would show up, but I havn't the splash seen it since I sent the card back for RMA. I can still enter bios and everything, it just takes a little while for the cpu/gpu/mobo to get its *** together and give me an image.
Maybe if you switched the default video adapter from PCIE (default) to iGPU, it wouldnt take as long to get a picture.

Solution

m3tric

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Hmm I already have "show full screen logo" enabled. It must be because of the iGPU like Max1s said. I'm waiting to order the GTX 670 or possibly 660 if it comes out sometime this century.

The HD4000 did surprisingly well playing Diablo 3 today. Temps were good too.