Internet explorer 8 download for windows 7 64bit

I can't seem to find a download for explorer 8 for windows 7 64 bit, is there any out there?
5 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer download windows 64bit
  1. lcartson said:
    I can't seem to find a download for explorer 8 for windows 7 64 bit, is there any out there?

windows explorer 8 was for xp..version 9 was pre loaded for windows 7 and is part of the os. if it damaged try googling hoe to remove and reinstall windows explorer in windows 7.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378
  2. When I tried to download it said the OS did not support. My daughter's school is requiring explorer 8. This is a new PC so I don't think there is a problem with Windows 7; everything runs fine??? I don't want to try and fix something that is not broke and then end up screwing the PC up.
  3. windows 7 comes with ie8. to revert back to it you must uninstall the ie9 update.

Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > left column, click View Installed Updates > wait for loading > scroll down to find Windows Internet Explorer 9 > right click click uninstall
  4. lcartson said:

Go to oldversion.com and you'll find what you're looking for...:)
  5. Hi :)

As said above ....all you have to do is UNINSTAL IE 9 from Windows updates,,, then it AUTOMATICALLY goes back to IE8....

All the best Brett :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Download Windows 7 Explorer IE8