Devices cannot detect my v551 bluetooth! Please help

Last response: in Brands
February 2, 2005 9:13:55 PM

Just got a Motorola v551 so that I could pair it up with my Palm
Tungsten T3 and Dell D600 laptop (with built-in Bluetooth - Dell
TrueMobile 300 Bluetooth Internal card, running on Windows 2000). I
also have a Blackberry that is Bluetooth.

My laptop and Palm can detect each other as well as the Blackberry, yet
neither of the three can detect my v551. I activated the Bluetooth by
going to the Bluetooth menu, clicking on SETUP, turning the Power ON
and also clicking on "find me". Still, nothing.

Any ideas? Is my phone defective? Just got it yesterday...

Thanks!!!

--
neeek
February 2, 2005 9:13:56 PM

It sounds like the devices are looking for the file transfer bluetooth
profile. I don't think that the v551 broadcasts that profile, only the
handsfree or headset profile. See if you transmit from another
bluetooth device if your v551 can detect them. Also, try changing the
name of your bluetooth profile to something other than the default
"Motorola Phone".
Posted from: http://www.phoneobsessed.com
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 9:05:09 AM

My Palm T3 and PC with Belkin USB dongle were able to discover my V551 just
fine. I don't think it's a profile issue.

Perhaps the OP can let us know how he/she is searching for the phone from
the Palm or PC? The Palm is a little tricky in that you created the pairing
when you build the Bluetooth connection under Preferences. The PC should be
straightforward, however, by just searching for nearby devices.

Cheers
TC

!