Operating systems

mstone34

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
I have windows 7 now installed on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1150 w/2gb memory). Now my programs I have been using (particularly utilities and protection) will not install nor will the drivers sent by Dell's site. What can I do or what will install? system drivers and protection are most important. So far I really like it. Thanks.

Solution
Use compatibility mode on the exe you are trying to install. I have the most success using vista drivers and software patches in compatibility mode to complete installations.

Unfortunately if you don't at least have vista support you are probably going to have a really difficult time getting things working correctly in Win7. It does not appear that Inspiron 1150 laptops will be supported under Win7 as it does not even have Vista support.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
Use compatibility mode on the exe you are trying to install. I have the most success using vista drivers and software patches in compatibility mode to complete installations.

Unfortunately if you don't at least have vista support you are probably going to have a really difficult time getting things working correctly in Win7. It does not appear that Inspiron 1150 laptops will be supported under Win7 as it does not even have Vista support.

Solution