10_Beers

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Hello, I don’t have a clue, if I am in the right area, or if this can be done? I just thought about recording my old lp’s and 45s on to the computer, now that I have a new 48x12x48 lite-on cd-r/rw…I have not done any leg work at all yet, but figgered this is one of the best boards to get the information, from those who know.! Thanks in advance, JB

Yes it can be done, what do you need to know?

It will be easier to advise you how to proceed, if you'll list the specs of your computer.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

10_Beers

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I guess the beginning would be, what new equipment do i need? I suspect a new sound card to start with? And you are right, I should have listed what I have to start with;
Abit MB KG7 Raid
Athlon T-Bird 1.4 CPU
Enermax 430 PSU
ATI Radon 32 DDR video card
Creative Lab sound blaster Live 5.1
WD 40 G HDD 7200 rpm
Windows 2000 Pro
Lite-on CD_RW (this is what caused the new brain fart)
SyQuest Removable 1.4 Gig HDD

This was my first attempt at putting together a new computer system, and I thought I failed miserably, as their were quite a few compatabilty problems at first (found out later it was win 98, and sound blaster card) After installing win. 2000, this has been solid as a rock. Not one lock up in the past year. Although, I am only running it at 11x and 140 fsb. Stays a stable 42 C.
Thanks, JB

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Do you still have a stereo with phono inputs? If you do just output the signal into the line in on your audio card.
You could use the tape out or aux out. Get a program like Soundforce, it will filter out some of the noise.
For the cable you will need RCA stereo plugs to a stereo
1/8 inch plug to put in your audio in on the card. Radio Shack sells them.

Regards,
the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad: