i'll get straight to the point:

1 Router TP-Link 3420 upgraded firmware
2 xbox 360 ethernet cable conection
3 laptop working fine on wireless connection
4 all other devices work fine
5 xbox detects network
6 xbox is assigned an ip and is shown on the network

Problem:

It still is not connecting to internet everything else is working fine. the media centre etc. but no net connection.

plz guide me
December 13, 2012 10:58:51 PM

hilltopmonk said:
Check here first.
http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live/connecting/cant...

If that doesn't work, you will have to give more detail then that.

What error message are you getting? etc...

Thnx 4 the quick reply...already did that but to no avail

i dont get any error message apart from no internet connection
m
l
Related resources
December 13, 2012 11:18:23 PM

after countless trials and errors got it working thnx for u'r time and help
m
l
December 15, 2012 2:48:35 AM

glad to hear its working.
mind me asking what fixed it?
m
l
December 15, 2012 8:47:18 AM

bala989 said:
after countless trials and errors got it working thnx for u'r time and help

how did u fix the problem i have same thing thats happening to me i connect using ethernet but it not working and its still new got it last week of october in 2012 and today its not working 12/14/2012 cant figure it out tried everything please help. it worked yesterday tho.
m
l
December 15, 2012 6:37:39 PM

asianninja said:
how did u fix the problem i have same thing thats happening to me i connect using ethernet but it not working and its still new got it last week of october in 2012 and today its not working 12/14/2012 cant figure it out tried everything please help. it worked yesterday tho.

1. powered off everything
2. restarted everything 1-by-1 took about 10 mins
3. router restart let it run for a minute untill it has started transmitting data
4. then switch ON the xbox and go directly to check connection

I kept doing a lot of other things but i believe this is what solved it for me. "LEAVE ALL THE SETTINGS ON AUTOMATIC"
m
l
December 16, 2012 5:04:05 PM

Well played. Thanks for the update to what you did, will help others in the future.
m
l
May 10, 2013 10:12:06 PM

bala989 said:
asianninja said:

1. powered off everything
2. restarted everything 1-by-1 took about 10 mins
3. router restart let it run for a minute untill it has started transmitting data
4. then switch ON the xbox and go directly to check connection

I kept doing a lot of other things but i believe this is what solved it for me. "LEAVE ALL THE SETTINGS ON AUTOMATIC"

m
l
May 10, 2013 10:15:06 PM

I had the EXACT same issue and these simple steps worked great!!
Thanks for sharing bala989!!
m
l
June 5, 2013 10:50:56 PM

Very detailed post about XBOX 360 won\'t connect to internet Via Ethernet cable! To be sure with above post! Ive your website bookmarked!
Leased line quote
m
l
June 12, 2013 4:32:26 PM

And here I was thinking that the most practical solution to this problem was to sell/trade-in the 360 and pre-ordering a PS4...
m
l
June 12, 2013 8:44:13 PM

I have always had to restart an xbox[360] after hooking up an Ethernet cable to it, not sure why, but it has always been the case. same with adding a wireless connection to it, for some reason they require the info be there at boot up. Kind of like win XP and vista before the service packs did. Its just the Microsoft way. I think they are trying to remind you of win95/98 when the slightest change required and entire reboot, only one if you were lucky.
m
l
!