Small Form Factor for DAW?

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
November 13, 2004 2:31:58 PM

I did some searching, but I can't find much written in here about SFF
use for DAWs. Does anyone have any experience with them? Any major
problems? I would really love to have a teeny tiny little DAW sitting
on my desk but it seems to good to be true.

Thoughts?

More about : small form factor daw

Anonymous
November 13, 2004 4:07:10 PM

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Sc...
M&Category_Code=Hornet

Never tried one but it looks interesting

"Ivan" <iancozine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I did some searching, but I can't find much written in here about SFF
> use for DAWs. Does anyone have any experience with them? Any major
> problems? I would really love to have a teeny tiny little DAW sitting
> on my desk but it seems to good to be true.
>
> Thoughts?
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 1:18:45 PM

> I did some searching, but I can't find much written in here about SFF
> use for DAWs. Does anyone have any experience with them? Any major
> problems? I would really love to have a teeny tiny little DAW sitting
> on my desk but it seems to good to be true.

The main aspect that was preventing the use of small computers for audio in
the past was PCI cards, which are no longer necessary thanks to the advent
of high-quality Firewire interfaces (FINALLY). As long as you've got two
internal hard drives and an optical drive, the rest is welcome in external
cases.

It's too bad Apple can't seem to put out a SFF Mac that has enough
horsepower, they're always just behind bare minimum. Check out how small
the new G5 iMacs are...
http://www.apple.com/imac/
!