ram1009

Distinguished
I'm trying to get the Cisco VPN client to find my work network from home. My LAN is completely wired and I already have one computer able to access the work network so, I guess, that precludes router settings. The working computer runs XP Pro x 32 bit and the new computer runs W7 x 64 bit. I have downloaded and installed the 64 bit client. This error 412 seems to happen frequently according to Google but none of their fixes have helped so far. I've already tried turning off the firewall. Any suggestions?

ram1009

Distinguished
Well, I solved this myself if anybody's interested. The client release notes anticipate this error and provide some work arounds. the one that5 worked for me was to add a line of code to the *.pcf profile as follows: UseLegacyIKEPort=1

cbresloff

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015

I do not know how i stumbled upon this thread but I had been searching for hours about fixing this Error 412 from my work laptop. I have been unable to connect to my work network via Cisco VPN service for a few months from my home network. I scoured countless forums and this suggestion was easy as cut and paste and voila....it now works. many thanks!!