Cursor disappear while typing

Status
Not open for further replies.

appucok

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Hello,

I am totally tired because cursor is disappearing after few seconds while typing. I have to click anywhere on the working page to bring back the cursor again. I am using window 7.

Appreciate, if anyone can help to troubleshoot.
thanks.

Pierce Blot

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
Hopefully you've fixed this by now but if anyone else out there is looking for one possible solution, I found that I had accidentally agreed to install an Ask.com toolbar in Internet Explorer.

This has an updater (APNMCP) that runs in the background and was literally checking online every minute for updates, which took the focus away from whatever window I was working in. Uninstalling that toolbar fixed the problem.

Leemeister

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Hello,
I had the same problem but found a solution. I had TP-Link wirless configuration utility managing my wireless connection, since I have a TP-Link wireless card, however... it ran a exe file by the name of TWCU.exe. This also caused my Battlefield 2 game to minimize to the taskbar. I found the fix on a game blog. By going to Task Manager and turning off tasks unti I found the culprit TWCU.exe I uninstalled TP-Link software (not the driver) Windows now manages my Wireless settings and all problems are gone. Hope this helps someone.
Lee

HON WAN LAU

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
Just to share with everyone who is facing the same problem even through the problem was raised years ago...

I disabled all startup programs (through "msconfig") and restart the laptop. No more problem with the cursor.

MMendelG

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013

MMendelG

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Leemeister, you solved my problem. I also have TP-link Wireless config utility installed. As soon as I uninstalled it, the problem disappeared. Blessings upon you!

memry

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013

Hi Leemeister. You seem to be the only one who has a solution heading in the right direction rather than saying it is a mouse configuration.

I am having the same challenge - cursor disappears in MS Office as well as when I am using a web browser, which takes the focus away from whatever window I am working in. However, I do not have TP-Link installed, nor do I have ask.com installed. It is likely some other program or task. Do you have any ideas what other possibilities it may be? Do I want to go through each process, or each service? Any advice would be appreciated.

Kliefbijl

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

I had the exact same problem and also had the TP-link wireless software installed. Thanks to Leemeister, problem solved! Thanks.

jonnyboy2014

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

Thanks so much, it was driving me nuts, and now it is totally gone. I'd buy you a beer if I knew where to find you.

paulgonzalez041289

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Anyone using Nvidia graphics cards? I installed their little program for convenient updates, so when I turned them off in the task manager, the loss of focus completely stopped. I have the TP-link program installed as well, but after turning off the Nvidia program, the focus worked completely fine. Maybe they fine tuned the TP-link program and Nvidia is what was causing my problem? Just a thought.

PastorJohn

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014
I too do not have TP-Link and my system does the same thing....it is difficult to type this reply because after about 30 seconds the page I am typing on gets "unselected" and I have to click on it again to re-establish interaction webpage or Word document or Game...still no solution

Printer Monkey

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014

Spot on Leemeister! Had the TP link software, uninstalled it & it's all sorted! Thanks very much, no more swearing at my computer! (well not as much anyway!)

NathanWin7

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
In Start Menu -> Search box type : "regedit".

Select "regedit".

Allow "regedit".

Go to : HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Control Panel -> Desktop

Find : ForegroundFlashCount.

Right-Click : on ForegroundFlashCount.

Left-Click : "Modify...".

Left-Click :"Decimal".

In the field "Value data" type : 700000000

Left-Click : "OK".

Then :

Find : ForegroundLockTimeout. (just below ForegroundFlashCount)

Right-Click : on ForegroundLockTimeout.

Left-Click : "Modify...".

Left-Click :"Decimal".
In the field "Value data" type : 4000000000

Left-Click : "OK".

What the latter does? It delays the focus on your current active window of that much in seconds 4000000000.

Why does it happen? It happens when installing new softwares and/or in case of viruses - malwares. Thoroughly SCAN FOR VIRUSES and DO A SOFTWARE CHECK before applying this method.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.