Which CDRW is good?

I want to buy a 40X or 48X rewriter. I am now looking for Asus and Liteon. Which one is good in terms of copying ability, stability, compatibility and durability?

Thank you
13 answers Last reply
More about which cdrw good
  1. Yamaha and Plextor make very good CDRW drives.
  2. i love my brand new LG 40X writer, I have burned full 700 MB CDs in 2 mins and 10 seconds. I believe it also supports CD text
  3. I've had good luck with my lite-ons and my older 16x yamaha stil performs fine the 48x lite-on is available at newegg.com for less than 60.00 USD inc shipping it is with out doubt the performance \ price leader these days

<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?lagger" target="_new"> All Nude Female Jello® Wrestling RuleZ!</A>
  4. My 40x/12x/48x LiteOn rocks!

I advice you to get the 48x/24x/48x LiteOn CD-RW

Let us know <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=25703#25703" target="_new"> What File compression format you use? </A>
  5. I have had no problems out of my Yamahas.....:)

If ya don't ask..How ya gonna know.
  6. Yup, get a Lite-On, definitely.

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.
  7. Yep. 48x24x48x Liteon here. It rocks.
    Cheap. Fast. Quiet. Reliable. Burns Copy Protected games (for backups!). Burns fast on slow rated media.

What more could i want?

<b>The Intel Celleron 2.1 & 2.2Ghz processors provide consumers with a great way to get on the Internet. Which one of the 478 pins plug into the phone socket? - <i>Intel & The Inquirer</i></b>
  8. You will not regret in trying YAMAHA
  9. Lite On 48x burner is pretty great from what i hear.. what makes it an even better deal besides it's very nice PRice Tag... is that you can upgrade the firmware to make it a 52X drive which is nice

This Community is like a Second Family!!
  10. the best cd writer around is asus crw-4816A its for abt$100
    but if u dodn't have a dvd yet u can get a combo lg GCC-4320B its just for 102 bucks u get a dvd and crw for a good price .
  11. I got 48.7x (7,305KB/s) at full 700 mb burn with the 48x Lite-On with no firmware upgrade and using a 20x rated no name cheap CDR :smile:

I just love this [beep-here]!

<b><font color=blue>Press 1 if you want to be on hold, 2 for disconnect, 3 for a representative who will put you on hold before disconnecting.</font color=blue></b>
  12. yeah. its pretty good.
    I get 40x or 48x burns with my 48x24x48x using emtec 700Mb 1-16x certified media, and full 48x using TDK gold.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
    <font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>
  13. Here is a very informative site on CDRWs:
    http://www.cdrlabs.com/reviews/

I have a LITEON 48X24X48 and one of the major features that it can do is full CAV writing (Constant Angular Velocity) the Asus 52X24X52 has this feature too. Don't get a drive that only does CLV writing (Constant Linear Velocity) such as the Asus 40X12X48.
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Writers Asus Liteon Compatibility Storage