Laptop disconnects after closing lid.

Sep 29, 2012
Hi, there is a similar thread a few down that I saw. They suggested going into power management and disabling the shut down for network adapters. I did that and it didnt solve anything. So, on to my problem.

It started a few days ago. Whenever I closed my laptop, put it into sleep, or hibernation, the connection to the wifi would be dropped and I would be forced to reconnect. I know it cant be my wifi because I did some tests at 3 separate locations and all resulted in the same effect. After closing my laptop, the wifi is dropped.

I have an idea of what could have happened. Before I had this problem, I installed some updates from Microsoft. One in particular added the Remote Desktop Protocol 8.0. I doubt this did anything, but I figured I'd let you know. I would like to avoid have to re-install my OS and unfortunately my last back-up was a few months ago.

Lastly, my router has been doing something strange. Maybe a week ago, the signal radius seemed to have shrunk. I used to receive wifi all around my house, but now I only seem to get it when I am within 7 feet of my router. I updated the firmware. but the range is still small.

Here are my specs:
Asus A53E-XA2
Windows 7 x64
i5-2410m @ 2.3Ghz
8 Gb RAM