Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can't save files from internet

Last response: in Windows 7
May 20, 2012 1:30:39 PM

Hi.
Sorry for my English.

I using Win7 and Chrome, no Antivirus or Firewall.

I have a problem - when i download my files from Rapidshare (others hostings seems to be working) to disk D (not system disk), when file is downloaded, i go to folder and i see nothing .:(  I have used a Windows Search, Windows Brandmawer is off. No viruses.

Please help me to fix it or understand what is going on.

More about : save files internet

May 20, 2012 1:36:21 PM

are you using any download manager to download from rapidshare??
May 20, 2012 2:37:54 PM

busymaverick said:
are you using any download manager to download from rapidshare??

No, just latest Chrome version(19.0.1084.46).
Related resources
May 20, 2012 3:14:06 PM

Ivan_11 said:

no Antivirus or Firewall.

Really?
May 20, 2012 5:10:46 PM

geekintel said:
Really?

Yes. Earlier, i've been using a Kaspersky antivirus or Norton, but now don't use any protection software beacouse:

1. last few months i've been checking my pc for viruses few times in a month and didn't find anything. But when I need to check my pc I use a Kaspersky free removal tool and AVZ tool(Download, check the system, delete it).

2. I use Google Chrome (it warns me about bad websites)
2. I use gray IP (it means, traffic goes to provider and than to customers. Provider have some protection)

Sorry for my English.
May 20, 2012 5:16:50 PM

And it seems my problem is solved (maybe?), because I turn off everything in Windows brandmower and my last 2 downloads from Rapidshare is OK (for now?). :??: 

Best solution

May 21, 2012 2:46:21 AM

Ivan_11 said:
And it seems my problem is solved (maybe?), because I turn off everything in Windows brandmower and my last 2 downloads from Rapidshare is OK (for now?). :??: 

if it happens again.. then right click on the file downloaded in the chrome download tab. and select open file location or something similar will be there.. (i am a FF user.. so i can't tell you the exact term.) chrome will take you to the file location.
sometimes it stores in temporary locations, may be that's the case
May 25, 2012 11:44:11 PM

Best answer selected by Ivan_11.
!